2 replies to this topic

#1 Dobby

Dobby

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 10:27 AM

Hello again,

After a full test this shows up every time.

Riskware.Client-IRC.Win32.mIRC!IK

Is mIRC malware or is it a false positive notice? (it's only mIRC 7.1 on this pc)

At the moment i've removed the Emsi software from this Pc because after an program must be started again and a pop-up showd up with the notice that ther was something wrong with the software?

Dunno what it could be.

I'm going to reinstall the software and try find out what the problem could be.(tested with anti-malware, test was during morte than an hour)
HiJackFree was OK, nothing was marked in red.

Greets,

Pete

:blink:

(I do believe I've posted this in the wrong section, because on this pc I was using the Emsisoft Anti-Malware 5.0 in Free mode not the the emergency kit 1.0)

#2 Lynx

Lynx

Forum Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2546 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 10 August 2010 - 10:49 AM

Hi Dobby,

Despite the different name of the detection please read the thread referred below an follow the suggestions

The link is this

If The mIRC chat client is installed its components can be flagged as Riskware, which is not necessarily dangerous
You can Whitelist Riskware if you trust the Software

In addition read What is Riskware?

But in any case, without the report just the name of the alleged infection is pretty much useless and says nothing

My regards

P.S. at least mIRC 7.1 installer is not flagged by EAM using the most the recent Signatures.
So please provide more info & submit what was flagged

XP Pro, SP3 (32-bit); EAM Full Suite v8.1.0.19(beta) ; Firewall: Comodo 3.14 FW only! (Defense+ HIPS)
Win 7 Home Premium x64, SP1; Firewall: Comodo 3.14 FW only! (Defense+ HIPS); EAM Full Suite v8.1.0.19(beta)

#3 Dobby

Dobby

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 08:42 PM

Hi Dobby,

Despite the different name of the detection please read the thread referred below an follow the suggestions

The link is this

If The mIRC chat client is installed its components can be flagged as Riskware, which is not necessarily dangerous
You can Whitelist Riskware if you trust the Software

In addition read What is Riskware?

But in any case, without the report just the name of the alleged infection is pretty much useless and says nothing

My regards

P.S. at least mIRC 7.1 installer is not flagged by EAM using the most the recent Signatures.
So please provide more info & submit what was flagged

Hello,

Tnx for the real fast reply.

I've read the both links into your message.
I do know that irc could be a dangerous place.
But I don't use the DCC chats and DCC send files stuff in mIRC.
I also do believe there is nothing else wrong with the 7.1 version so I whitelisted it so far.

Greets,

Pete
:rolleyes:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users