• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 nilst2010

nilst2010

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 05:06 AM

After some updates two or three days ago it only download additional signatures, then it stops there....stays like that until i cancel...

It has once more stopped after additional signatures. Have stand there for 15 minutes...nothing happens at all. :angry:

Yes, computer has been rebooted every time the program asked for it.

Why can't i find manual downloads anywhere ? That is ok for me to download signatures manually.

#2 Lynx

Lynx

Forum Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2546 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 11 December 2010 - 08:02 AM

Hi nilst2010, welcome to the forum

It seems that currently there is an issue with the update, that will be definitely addressed by the developers ASAP

Please read this thread

Currently you can try the workaround suggested, which is - Closing the Application (canceling does not work) & performing "warm reboot"

Can you please be more specific about

...Why can't i find manual downloads anywhere ? That is ok for me to download signatures manually...

What do you mean by "can't find manual downloads" & then downloading updates manually is the only option in "Free" edition

{added}1) Do you mean off-line download of signatures?
If so despite it is possible - there is no official support for such procedure, since it may cause errors. Then it applies only to Additional (Ikarus) Signatures.
2) Please see Changelog where recent fixes for the Update procedure were announced

My regards

XP Pro, SP3 (32-bit); EAM v8.1.0.40 (beta) ; Firewall: Comodo 3.14 FW only ("Defense+" HIPS)
Win 7 Home Premium x64, SP1; EAM v8.1.0.40 (beta); Firewall: Comodo as above

Win 7 Ultimate, SP1 (32-bit) testing EIS 9 beta

#3 nilst2010

nilst2010

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 05:12 PM

It seems that currently there is an issue with the update, that will be definitely addressed by the developers ASAP

Please read this thread

Currently you can try the workaround suggested, which is - Closing the Application (canceling does not work) & performing "warm reboot"

Can you please be more specific aboutWhat do you mean by "can't find manual downloads" & then downloading updates manually is the only option in "Free" edition

If so despite it is possible - there is no official support for such procedure, since it may cause errors. Then it applies only to Additional (Ikarus) Signatures.
2) Please see Changelog where recent fixes for the Update procedure were announced

My regards

Thanks ! :)

Will check that thread. I thought it was just me having this problem.

Happy weekend !

#4 nilst2010

nilst2010

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 05:18 PM

Please read this thread

Can you please be more specific aboutWhat do you mean by "can't find manual downloads" & then downloading updates manually is the only option in "Free" edition

My regards

Finally, it worked with what was said in the other thread ! GREAT ! :)

#5 redwolfe_98

redwolfe_98

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina, USA
  • AV:Avira
  • HIPS:Windows Firewall
  • Other:SSM, RegDefend

Posted 12 December 2010 - 07:38 AM

nilst2010, there were some new program-updates, dated 12/11/2010..

i also had problems with "antimalware", after the recent program-updates, but, after reinstalling "antimalware", with the newer program-updates, dated 12/11/2010, i am no longer experiencing problems with the program..

so, if you are able to run the updater, downloading and installing the newer program-updates should resolve any problems that you are having.. if you are not able to download and install the newer program-updates, you could reinstall "antimalware", to resolve the problems..

the current version of the "antimalware"-installer file, on emsisoft's "downloads" webpage, includes the updated program-files, which address the problems that were introduced with the earlier program-updates.. at least, after reinstalling the program, with the newer program-updates, i am no longer experiencing problems with the program..

p.s. you should post in the "antimalware" forum for issues with the "antimaleware" program..
Win XPsp3, "windows firewall", Avira 12 premium, SSM, RegDefend

#6 Lynx

Lynx

Forum Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2546 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 12 December 2010 - 09:05 AM

p.s. you should post in the "antimalware" forum for issues with the "antimaleware" program..

Hi redwolfe_98.

nilst2010 is using free edition, so the request was correctly posted here , as far as I'm concerned

Cheers!

XP Pro, SP3 (32-bit); EAM v8.1.0.40 (beta) ; Firewall: Comodo 3.14 FW only ("Defense+" HIPS)
Win 7 Home Premium x64, SP1; EAM v8.1.0.40 (beta); Firewall: Comodo as above

Win 7 Ultimate, SP1 (32-bit) testing EIS 9 beta

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users