17 replies to this topic

#1 Firzen771

Firzen771

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 14 February 2011 - 08:18 PM

i started using mamutu again and it causes peerblock to have an error popup during update and curseclient just crashes. excluding peerblock from protection makes the error go away and lets the uodate finish.

heres a link to the Curse Client: http://wow.curse.com/client/

#2 Fabian Wosar

Fabian Wosar

Forum Veteran

• Emsisoft Employee
  • 3472 posts
  • AV:Emsisoft Anti-Malware

Posted 14 February 2011 - 08:28 PM

I don't use PeerBlock but I used the Curse Client for years and never had any problems. Can you give a few more details? What other applications are installed? What operating system does the the problem occur on?
Best regards,

Fabian Wosar [Development]
Emsisoft Team - www.emsisoft.com

#3 Firzen771

Firzen771

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 14 February 2011 - 08:32 PM

i use windows 7 x64, have avast internet security and winpatrol. but now im noticing this with more programs as well, ventrilo crashes as does puran defrag when i try to update it. but once i exclude them they work fine.

#4 Fabian Wosar

Fabian Wosar

Forum Veteran

• Emsisoft Employee
  • 3472 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 08:42 PM

To be honest I doubt that Mamutu is causing the problem. From what you have told me it sounds like a compatibility problem caused by multiple applications hooking the same APIs. WinSock APIs are especially sensitive to this issue which explains why it occurs when an application tries to access the internet. Mamutu handles the case of already hooked APIs correctly but there were several applications in the past like for example AdMuncher who didn't and caused crashes as soon as one of the hooked APIs were called. Since it is already quite late here I will try the applications you mentioned in your last post in combination with Mamutu and see if it causes problems. Hopefully I can reproduce it. If that doesn't work I may need additional information to determine what exactly is causing the crash to either fix it if it in fact is a problem in our code or to contact the author of the application so they can fix it.
Best regards,

#5 Firzen771

Firzen771

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 14 February 2011 - 08:45 PM

hmm since u mention admuncher i will add that i do use admuncher (i just didnt figure it would be an application that wuld cause this kind of problem)

#6 Firzen771

Firzen771

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 15 February 2011 - 06:23 AM

its also creating issues with my laptops audio switching, like when switching between my USB headset (SteelSeries 7H USB) and the laptops speakers, it wont switch on its own ever since installing Mamutu (like when i unplug the headphones the speakers would start working but with Mamutu now they do not)

#7 Fabian Wosar

Fabian Wosar

Forum Veteran

• Emsisoft Employee
  • 3472 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 02:38 PM

hmm since u mention admuncher i will add that i do use admuncher (i just didnt figure it would be an application that wuld cause this kind of problem)

Can you disable Admuncher please and see if the problem persists?
Best regards,

#8 Firzen771

Firzen771

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 15 February 2011 - 04:51 PM

disabling ad muncher does seem to have made the crashing in those programs go away, but im still wondering abut the headset to laptop speaker audio switching issue

EDIT: i had to go into device manager and retweak my sound settings to get it to switch audio on its own again so its all working now. but its strange that installing Mamutu did that

#9 Firzen771

Firzen771

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 16 February 2011 - 06:04 AM

so is there any possibility that this conflict between Mamutu and Ad Muncher can be fixed? otherwise i guess i will have to remove Mamutu again :(

#10 Fabian Wosar

Fabian Wosar

Forum Veteran

• Emsisoft Employee
  • 3472 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 10:15 AM

so is there any possibility that this conflict between Mamutu and Ad Muncher can be fixed? otherwise i guess i will have to remove Mamutu again :(

AdMuncher is causing the crash and from what I can tell so far there is nothing we can do to stop it from screwing up without preventing it from doing it's job entirely. I already contacted the AdMuncher folks but beyond that there is nothing we can do. Since you are a paying customer of them you may want to drop them a message as well.
Best regards,

#11 Firzen771

Firzen771

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 16 February 2011 - 04:13 PM

ok thanks, i have just contacted Ad Muncher about it, hopefully i hear back from them soon.

#12 Firzen771

Firzen771

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 16 February 2011 - 07:32 PM

so i emailed the guys at Ad Muncher and they say they dont have any record of an email from Emsisoft, they said you should try to contact them again

#13 Fabian Wosar

Fabian Wosar

Forum Veteran

• Emsisoft Employee
  • 3472 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 11:36 PM

so i emailed the guys at Ad Muncher and they say they dont have any record of an email from Emsisoft, they said you should try to contact them again

Done. Send it to a developer address directly that I found on their forum this time.
Best regards,

#14 Firzen771

Firzen771

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 17 February 2011 - 12:31 AM

ok thank you very much.

#15 Fabian Wosar

Fabian Wosar

Forum Veteran

• Emsisoft Employee
  • 3472 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 08:54 AM

Just to give you a little update:

I have talked to Murray from AdMuncher and explained the problem. The problem at this point only affects 64bit processes. As soon as a fixed version is available I will drop you a message.
Best regards,

#16 Firzen771

Firzen771

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 24 February 2011 - 03:32 PM

ok, thanks for the update.

#17 Fabian Wosar

Fabian Wosar

Forum Veteran

• Emsisoft Employee
  • 3472 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 08:37 AM

Hi Firzen771,

For your information: AdMuncher will release an update within the next 24 hours that will fix the problem :).
Best regards,

#18 Firzen771

Firzen771

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 24 March 2011 - 03:40 PM

thanks for keeping me updated

0 user(s) are reading this topic