We want to invite you to join the public beta test of Emsisoft Anti-Malware 6.0.
What is new?
- Redesigned the dual scan engine framework for optimization of multi core systems.
- 450% speed improvement on average - with the same things being scanned.
- Advanced caching for self optimizing scans - it gets faster with every scan.
- New direct disk access scan mode to improve rootkit detection.
- Changed the scan setting defaults: Rootkit scan (new) active, Cookie scan inactive..
- Improved handling of potential false positives.
- Desired scan actions can now be set before the scan.
- Detection names engine postfixes changed to !E1 and !E2.
- Changed the animation seen during active scans.
- Simplified the user interface.
- Added a load scan engine animation to security setup wizard.
- Added an option to run missed scheduled scans on next program startup.
- Optimized program loading to greatly reduce boot time.
- Added advanced caching to significantly improve the performance of File Guard.
- Added an internal rating system to reduce false positives in 'real world' use.
- Added an option to reset the File Guard file extensions list to its original values.
- Simplified the method for viewing internal and custom host blocker rules.
- Re-organized the guard tray icon menu to provide quick access to common features.
- Changed licensing to a key-based system which replaces user accounts.
- Changed licensing to provide a unique licence key for each computer.
- Simplified the online licensing and relicensing dialogs.
- Improved the notification that a license is about to expire.
- Added a renewal rewards program - 5% cumulative reduction each renewal.
- Added a referral rewards program to earn full version credits by referring new users.
- Earn a 1 month credit for referring each new 1 month trial user. (no purchase).
- Earn a 6 month credit for referring each new customer (for first purchase only, any plan).
- Simplified the setup process significantly.
- Changed storage of settings to use 'ini' files rather than the Registry.
- Added the ability to export and import settings by category.
- Added security prompts when permanently deleting files, rules or logs.
- Added improvements for more stability of online updates.
- Added improvements to avoid potential crashes and hangs.
- Added newsletter subscription link in news area.
- Removed the trojan horse illustration.
- The direct disk access scan feature is not available for striped RAIDs due to non-standard, 'vendor specific' systems.
- If you have Emsisoft Anti-Malware already installed simply enable "Use Beta updates" under "Configuration"/"Update", perform an online update and follow the instructions.
- If you don't have Emsisoft Anti-Malware already installed, you can simply download and install the full Emsisoft Anti-Malware 6.0 beta setup.
Emsisoft Anti-Malware 6.0 now asks for a license key instead of a user account. You can find this license key in the Emsisoft Customer Center (choose "Manage Licenses" on the left).
Last but not least: All trial licenses have been reset and we will most likely reset them again during and after the beta test to make sure you can participate in the public test without a paid license.
A new custom scan dialog with the new Rootkit scan as well as some additional new scan options:
Some people may notice the lack of horses in the GUI. Well, we removed them:
The rootkit scan is able to detect MBR and file based malware. In this example ZeroAccess but TDL is covered as well:
Two examples for the dozens of usability improvements we implemented. In general whenever you delete something you now get a confirmation dialog:
Whenever there are settings you can edit like extension lists you can reset them to their defaults:
When will the final version be out?
This greatly depends on the feedback and number of bug reports we receive. Our goal is to deliver a stable product and not to meet a deadline. If no more major issues are found during the public test phase you can expect a release within the next 1 or 2 months though.
We want your feedback!
Have you started or found a thread about EAM 6.0 in a different forum? Do you like or dislike a specific change? Do you have questions about one of the new features of EAM 6.0? Are you a Youtube or any other kind of reviewer and made a review? Don't keep them to yourself. Share them with us! Either by simply replying here or via mail.