Emsisoft GmbH is currently searching for new employees to expand its malware research lab.
You will be responsible for improving and maintaining the detection capabilities of Emsisoft products that help millions of users world wide to remove malware from their systems and stay protected. Malware constantly evolves and develops new tricks and techniques to avoid detection or make removal more difficult, so expect to be challenged every day to come up with new and creative ways to counteract new malware defense mechanisms. Plus, getting thank you mails from our users for your hard work, will make you feel warm and fuzzy inside .
This position is a remote position and you will be working from home.
Starting from day one you will be part of an international team who give 100% dedication to keeping Emsisoft users safe and help them remove malware from their systems. After an introduction on how our detection mechanisms work internally, you will start in the malware research team, creating signatures as well as performing technical analysis. Once you get more familiar with our internal processes and methods, you will get the opportunity to work on generic and algorithmic detection methods, working closely with the development team.
You will be expected to share the knowledge and experience you gain in your daily work with your co-workers as well as many volunteers in various communities. If you are interested, this will include training of new employees as well.
- We require you to have an open mind. We have a truly global team consisting of people from Austria, Russia, Germany, Netherlands, India, Indonesia, Egypt, Ukraine, Kyrgyzstan and the US. We embrace this kind of variety as it helps us to come up with creative solutions and approaches. Collaboration in such an environment only works if you are capable of looking past the cultural and religious differences between you and your co-workers.
- Since this is a remote job, we require you to have a strong sense of self-management and motivation.
- You know about internal PE file structures and can find your way around reverse engineering and debugging tools like OllyDbg or WinDbg.
- Knowledge of other programming languages like C, C++ or Delphi is a definitive plus.
- You know your way around virtualized environments (VMware, VirtualBox, QEMU) and know how to counteract mechanisms malware uses to detect such environments.
- You have a passionate hatred of malware in all its shapes and are excited about the idea of helping people get rid of it. A strong background in malware removal, for example as a volunteer or helper in one of the existing malware removal communities, is a tremendous plus and would make up for a lack of previous reverse engineering experience.
- Fluent verbal and written communication skills in English. Other languages, especially German, are a plus.
We offer full time employment as an independent contractor, working in an interesting and everchanging field as part of a multi-culturual company with above average growth. You will have flexible work time as long as the time from 19:00 CET to 1:00 CET is covered. Your job will be completely location independent, providing you have access to a reasonably fast and stable internet connection.
Great! Please send an application including the following information to email@example.com:
- A short resume. Please make sure to include any activities as a volunteer or helper in malware related communities, as they are a huge plus.
- If you have worked in malware removal or analysis before, and you are allowed to show us some of your past assignments, we would love to take a look at them. So please don't hesitate to include references to your previous work.
- Your salary expectations.