Forum Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts
  • AV:Avast
  • HIPS:OA
  • Other:NIL

Posted 16 June 2012 - 10:14 AM

A small glitch here in OA 1616 (Auto updated) in History Links. Clicking on any Firewall related link does not highlight the correct entry wheras it works fine for the Programs related ones.
I did some further testing and found that the Firewall page does not refresh itself. Say I drag the sidebar to the bottom , and then go to the history tab and click on any firewall related link it returns the Firewall page as it is without any change even though the actual entry is highlighted and is to be found by dragging the sidebar.

WIN 7 x 64  , AVAST free , OA

#2 trujwin

trujwin

Forum Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 07:51 AM

Anything further on this..... a confirmation or is it a specific case?

#3 stapp

stapp

Sheep Expert

• Global Moderator
  • 1646 posts
  • LocationYorkshire UK

Posted 22 June 2012 - 08:05 AM

Works for me on my XP machine trujwin.

Will check on my Win7 machine later.

Using Win XP 32bit, Win 7 64bit, Win 8.1 64bit.

#4 stapp

stapp

Sheep Expert

• Global Moderator
  • 1646 posts
  • LocationYorkshire UK

Posted 22 June 2012 - 09:12 AM

Just checked this trujwin on Win 7 64bit and history firewall entries, when clicked on, are highlighted for me in the firewall window.

Using Win XP 32bit, Win 7 64bit, Win 8.1 64bit.

#5 trujwin

trujwin

Forum Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 04:35 PM

Just checked this trujwin on Win 7 64bit and history firewall entries, when clicked on, are highlighted for me in the firewall window.

I am using win 64 ultimate. Ok. Go to the firewall entries window and using the sidebar move the entry from the visible field. Go backto the history tab and click on the entry. Does it work now. Can you try that out with similiar other Firewall related entries?

#6 trujwin

trujwin

Forum Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 04:51 PM

A small correction here... The error is visible in Programs related entries in the History list too. When an already highlighted item is say moved from the view and then clicked from the History tab the Program tab does not refresh itself and returns the screen as it is and the particular program is hidden from view.

#7 catprincess

catprincess

Forum Veteran

• Global Moderator
  • 1243 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 26 June 2012 - 05:18 PM

Like stapp, I don't see this problem happening here with either the Firewall or Program's list. I'm not sure if you are still using a screen resolution of 800x600? If you are, it's possible this is a problem that is only apparent at lower resolutions.

#8 trujwin

trujwin

Forum Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 11:21 AM

Like stapp, I don't see this problem happening here with either the Firewall or Program's list. I'm not sure if you are still using a screen resolution of 800x600? If you are, it's possible this is a problem that is only apparent at lower resolutions.

Hi,
I just checked with a resolution of 1366 x 768 and my complaint still remains. Did you check the working as I had mentioned in the post.You should be able to move the highlighted entry in the program / firewall list beyond the visible area and then click back from the History tab. Might be I can attach a clip if that was unique to me.

#9 catprincess

catprincess

Forum Veteran

• Global Moderator
  • 1243 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 29 June 2012 - 10:15 PM

Hi trujwin,

Sorry, it looks like I may have misunderstood. After reading your instructions again, I realised you are referring to only one entry. At first I thought the history entry was for a different program than the original highlighted entry. I can now reproduce the issue here also. I'm sure Emsisoft will look into it when they can.

#10 trujwin

trujwin

Forum Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 02:57 PM

So a silent UPDATE has taken place. When I got the alert that some components have been updated I tried this history part and the refreshing is working perfect. :thumbs:
There is only one anomaly though. History faithfully records the events. Even if the program / firewall event were to be removed by the user, the history (clicking the link) presently parks itself on some non-entity. The best thing would be to go to the tab page but also put a box alert say "The program is non-existent /removed by the user"

#11 trujwin

trujwin

Forum Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 10:55 AM

For some reasons the same glitch is back again .. Incremental updates?? :blink: :blink: .Historylink>>Program/Firewall/Autostart entry. I move the cursor so that the highlighted software is out of view , go to History and click on the same entry again , it returns to the concerned tab but not rearranging itself to show the correct entry. I did believe that the issue was sorted a few days ago :huh:

#12 catprincess

catprincess

Forum Veteran

• Global Moderator
  • 1243 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 26 August 2012 - 06:49 PM

The issue you reported never stopped being reproducible for me. It was never listed in the changelog as fixed so it was likely just a coincidence that you didn't notice the problem again for a while.

#13 trujwin

trujwin

Forum Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 04:35 PM

The issue you reported never stopped being reproducible for me. It was never listed in the changelog as fixed so it was likely just a coincidence that you didn't notice the problem again for a while.

Seems like what you are saying is right. So what did I check and confirm in the first place..O ghosh.. :blink: :blush:

#14 trujwin

trujwin

Forum Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 10:38 AM

Hi,
I have set my default column filter to "Name" in Programs. But sometimes clicking a (program entry) link from the History changes the column filter to "Status"

Catprincess ... Can you check for some autostart entries.It works fine in this context. It was the same earlier for programs too,..Might be I can post a video later.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users