Photo
- - - - -

Help with backdoor.win32.zaccess.amn!e1 please!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
17 replies to this topic

#1 Iziink

Iziink

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Other:Malwarebytes, Emsisoft, Avast

Posted 16 June 2012 - 07:59 PM

So a few days ago my Chrome started acting up. It was doing things like this http://imgur.com/3PBYQ to sites such as FB, Youtube, and Gmail. I thought the problem was resolved after deleting my cache but it wasn't.

My Malwarebytes didn't pick up anything and a friend suggested Avast. It immediately started to block something called 80000032.@ and 80000064.@ about every 5 to 10 minutes. After running Malwarebytes after this starting happening, it discovered some files, deleted them and I thought everything was fixed but again, it was not.

So I searched for another malware protection of sorts and discovered Emsisoft. It also found a couple more files and removed them but now it tries to remove the malware/virus I stated in the title and also C:\WINODWS\ASSEMBLY\GAC_32\DESKTOP.INI I have no technical computer problems, Chrome runs fine, but every time Emsisoft tries to remove these two on start up, it doesn't and keeps popping up that it blocked it.

I'm not sure what is happening and need some help please! Attached are the three logs required. Hopefully I did everything right :) I appreciate your time and assistance very much.

#2 Kevin Zoll

Kevin Zoll

Malware Removal Support

• Emsisoft Employee
  • 12970 posts
  • LocationDepauville, NY, USA
  • AV:Emsisoft Anti-Malware
  • HIPS:Windows Firewall
  • Other:WinPatrol Plus

Posted 16 June 2012 - 09:08 PM

The installed version of Adobe Reader on this computer is out-dated. Install the latest version of Adobe Reader available from Adobe.

Using Add or Remove Programs in the Control Panel; uninstall the following:
Java(TM) 6 Update 22 (64-bit)
Java(TM) 6 Update 31

Run OTL.exe
  • Copy/paste the following text written inside of the code box into the Custom Scans/Fixes box located at the bottom of OTL
    :OTL
    PRC - C:\Users\Slaptop\Local Settings\Apps\F.lux\flux.exe ()
    MOD - C:\Users\Slaptop\Local Settings\Apps\F.lux\flux.exe ()
    O2 - BHO: (uTorrentBar Toolbar) - {bf7380fa-e3b4-4db2-af3e-9d8783a45bfc} - C:\Program Files (x86)\uTorrentBar\prxtbuTor.dll File not found
    O3 - HKLM\..\Toolbar: (uTorrentBar Toolbar) - {bf7380fa-e3b4-4db2-af3e-9d8783a45bfc} - C:\Program Files (x86)\uTorrentBar\prxtbuTor.dll File not found
    O3 - HKCU\..\Toolbar\WebBrowser: (no name) - {D4027C7F-154A-4066-A1AD-4243D8127440} - No CLSID value found.
    O4 - HKCU..\Run: [EA Core] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\EADM\Core.exe" -silent File not found
    O4 - HKCU..\Run: [F.lux] C:\Users\Slaptop\Local Settings\Apps\F.lux\flux.exe ()
    O13[b]64bit:[/b] - gopher Prefix: missing
    O13 - gopher Prefix: missing
    O18:[b]64bit:[/b] - Protocol\Handler\livecall - No CLSID value found
    O18:[b]64bit:[/b] - Protocol\Handler\ms-help - No CLSID value found
    O18:[b]64bit:[/b] - Protocol\Handler\msnim - No CLSID value found
    O18:[b]64bit:[/b] - Protocol\Handler\skype4com - No CLSID value found
    O18:[b]64bit:[/b] - Protocol\Handler\wlmailhtml - No CLSID value found
    O18:[b]64bit:[/b] - Protocol\Handler\wlpg - No CLSID value found
    O20:[b]64bit:[/b] - HKLM Winlogon: VMApplet - (/pagefile) -  File not found
    O20 - HKLM Winlogon: VMApplet - (/pagefile) -  File not found
    O21:[b]64bit:[/b] - SSODL: WebCheck - {E6FB5E20-DE35-11CF-9C87-00AA005127ED} - No CLSID value found.
    O21 - SSODL: WebCheck - {E6FB5E20-DE35-11CF-9C87-00AA005127ED} - No CLSID value found.
    [2012/06/13 18:52:34 | 000,000,000 | ---D | C] -- C:\Users\Slaptop\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Flux
    [2012/06/13 14:58:14 | 000,000,000 | -HSD | C] -- C:\Windows\SysWow64\%APPDATA%
    [1 C:\Windows\SysWow64\*.tmp files -> C:\Windows\SysWow64\*.tmp -> ]
    [1 C:\Windows\*.tmp files -> C:\Windows\*.tmp -> ]
    [2012/06/15 23:39:01 | 000,002,048 | ---- | C] () -- C:\Windows\Installer\{878c4fb2-f1f3-37e4-5474-dd836de7a705}\U\00000004.@
    [2012/06/15 23:39:01 | 000,000,773 | ---- | C] () -- C:\Windows\Installer\{878c4fb2-f1f3-37e4-5474-dd836de7a705}\L\00000004.@
    [2012/06/15 23:38:48 | 000,001,584 | ---- | C] () -- C:\Windows\Installer\{878c4fb2-f1f3-37e4-5474-dd836de7a705}\U\000000cb.@
    @Alternate Data Stream - 196 bytes -> C:\ProgramData\Temp:943971F5
    @Alternate Data Stream - 192 bytes -> C:\ProgramData\Temp:C78DADEA
    @Alternate Data Stream - 182 bytes -> C:\ProgramData\Temp:1A15E356
    @Alternate Data Stream - 176 bytes -> C:\ProgramData\Temp:58E38390
    @Alternate Data Stream - 171 bytes -> C:\ProgramData\Temp:6EE8565A
    @Alternate Data Stream - 158 bytes -> C:\ProgramData\Temp:FB4262DE
    @Alternate Data Stream - 125 bytes -> C:\ProgramData\Temp:474022C7
    @Alternate Data Stream - 124 bytes -> C:\ProgramData\Temp:26499772
    @Alternate Data Stream - 122 bytes -> C:\ProgramData\Temp:89C2A42C

:Commands
    [Purity]
    [EmptyTemp]
    [EmptyFlash]
    [EmptyJava]
    [Reboot]
  • Then click the Run Fix button at the top
  • Let the program run unhindered, reboot when it is done
  • Attach the new log produced by OTL (C:\_OTL). (USE THE "MORE REPLY OPTIONS" BUTTON TO BE ABLE TO DO THIS)
Let me know of any problems you may have encountered with the above instructions and also let me know how things are running now!
Kevin Zoll [Malware Removal Support]
Emsisoft Team - www.emsisoft.com

I am online Monday - Friday each week from 1900-2100 Central European Time/1300-1500 Eastern Time (US).

If you are seeking Malware Removal support keep it in the forums.  It is not permissible to contact support staff by Private Message (PM), IM (Skype, MSN, AOL, Yahoo, etc.) or Email.

Purchase Emsisoft Anti-Malware and Online Armor Firewall

#3 Iziink

Iziink

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 09:40 PM

I cannot find the new log that was supposed to be produced after the reboot was finished. When I go to C:\_OTL it's just a series of folders. However, doing a quick scan Emsisoft did not find anything I I believe the problem to be fixed. Thank you so much!

I took a screenshot of part of my desktop because some new things have appeared and I am not sure what to do with them or what they are http://imgur.com/xLiyb

#4 Kevin Zoll

Kevin Zoll

Malware Removal Support

• Emsisoft Employee
  • 12970 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 02:25 AM

I cannot find the new log that was supposed to be produced after the reboot was finished. When I go to C:\_OTL it's just a series of folders.[/url]

The log will be in the newest of the folders in C:\_OTL

I took a screenshot of part of my desktop because some new things have appeared and I am not sure what to do with them or what they are http://imgur.com/xLiyb

That's normal. Everything will be reset to normal when we are done.

I am online Monday - Friday each week from 1900-2100 Central European Time/1300-1500 Eastern Time (US).

If you are seeking Malware Removal support keep it in the forums.  It is not permissible to contact support staff by Private Message (PM), IM (Skype, MSN, AOL, Yahoo, etc.) or Email.

#5 Iziink

Iziink

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 03:31 AM

Okay, I ran the OTL thing one more time and did as you instructed and I found the log this time. Terrible sorry about that! But here it is. And the problem is not resolved I'm afraid. I ran a deep scan while I was out and came back to find the computer was still in this shape.

#6 Kevin Zoll

Kevin Zoll

Malware Removal Support

• Emsisoft Employee
  • 12970 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 03:32 AM

Read carefully and follow these steps.
  • Download TDSSKiller and save it to your Desktop.
  • Double-click on TDSSKiller.exe to run the application.

Posted Image
  • Click Change parameters

Posted Image
  • Check the boxes next to Verify Driver Digital Signature and Detect TDLFS file system, then click OK

Posted Image
  • Click on the Start Scan button to begin the scan and wait for it to finish.
    NOTE: Do not use the computer during the scan!
  • During the scan it will look similar to the image below:
    Posted Image
  • When it finishes, you will either see a report that no threats were found like below:
    Posted Image

If no threats are found at this point, just click the Report selection on the top right of the form to generate a log. A log file report will pop which you can just close since the report file is already saved.
  • If any infection or suspected items are found, you will see a window similar to below:
    Posted Image
    • If you have files that are shown to fail signature check do not take any action on these. Make sure you select Skip. I will tell you what to do with these later. They may not be issues at all.
    • If Suspicious objects are detected, the default action will be Skip. Leave the default set to Skip.
    • If Malicious objects are detected, they will show in the Scan results. TDSSKiller automatically selects an action (Cure or Delete) for malicious objects
      Make sure that Cure is selected. Important! - If Cure is not available, please choose Skip instead. Do not choose Delete unless instructed to do so.
  • Click Continue to apply selected actions.
  • A reboot may be required to complete disinfection. A window like the below will appear:
    Posted Image
    Reboot immediately if TDSSKiller states that one is needed.
  • Whether an infection is found or not, a log file should have already been created on your C: drive (or whatever drive you boot from) in the root folder named something like TDSSKiller.2.1.1_27.12.2009_14.17.04_log.txt which is based on the program version # and date and time run.
  • Attach this log to your next reply.

#7 Iziink

Iziink

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 03:41 AM

Here is the log.

#8 Kevin Zoll

Kevin Zoll

Malware Removal Support

• Emsisoft Employee
  • 12970 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 08:09 PM

Changing tools.

Download ComboFix from one of these locations:

Save as Combo-Fix.exe during the download. ComboFix must be renamed before you download to your Desktop

Link 1
Link 2

* IMPORTANT !!! Save Combo-Fix to your Desktop

• Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with our tools
    See HERE for help
  • Double click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts.
  • As part of it's process, ComboFix will check to see if the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed. With malware infections being as they are today, it's strongly recommended to have this pre-installed on your machine before doing any malware removal. It will allow you to boot up into a special recovery/repair mode that will allow us to more easily help you should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware.
  • Follow the prompts to allow ComboFix to download and install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console, and when prompted, agree to the End-User License Agreement to install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console.
**Please note: (This applies to Windows XP systems only) If the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is already installed, ComboFix will continue it's malware removal procedures.

Posted Image

Once the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed using ComboFix, you should see the following message:

Posted Image

Click on Yes, to continue scanning for malware.

When finished, ComboFix will produce a log.

Note:
1. Do not mouseclick combofix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stall!
2. Remember to re-enable your anti-virus and anti-spyware before reconnecting to the Internet.

Attach logs for: (USE THE "MORE REPLY OPTIONS" BUTTON TO BE ABLE TO DO THIS)
  • ComboFix (C:\combofix.txt)
Let me know of any problems you may have encountered with the above instructions and also let me know how things are running now!

#9 Iziink

Iziink

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 10:25 PM

I ran Combofix and have the attached log.

As of right now I am running a scan with both Emsisoft and Avast. Emsisoft has not yet tried to block the two malware/viruses has it has done before (Usually every 5-10 minutes or so) so it might be gone. I will edit my reply/reply again when my scans finish.

EDIT: Doing both a quick and a deep scan with emsisoft turned up negative! It has also not attempted to block anything. I think it's all removed! Thank you so, so much! :)

#10 Kevin Zoll

Kevin Zoll

Malware Removal Support

• Emsisoft Employee
  • 12970 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 11:31 PM

Now we need to use ComboFix to remove some stuff.
  • Make sure that the copy of combofix.exe that you downloaded earlier is on your Desktop but Do not run it!
  • If it is not on your Desktop, the below will not work.
  • Open Notepad and copy/paste the text in the below code box into it
(make sure you scroll all the way down in the code box to get all lines selected ):
KillAll::

Driver::
lkoaxaxv
X6va005
aswSnx
aswSP
aswFsBlk

Registry::
[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\ControlSet001\services\X6va005]

File::
c:\windows\system32\drivers\lkoaxaxv.sys
c:\users\Slaptop\AppData\Local\Temp\005B811.tmp
  • Save the above as CFscript.txt and make sure you save it to the same location (should be on your Desktop) as ComboFix.exe
  • At this point, you MUST EXIT ALL BROWSERS NOW before continuing!
  • You should have both the ComboFix.exe and CFScript.txt icons on your Desktop.
  • Now use your mouse to drag CFScript.txt on top of ComboFix.exe
    Posted Image
  • Follow the prompts.
  • When it finishes, a log will be produced named c:\combofix.txt
  • I will ask for this log below
Note: DO NOT mouseclick combofix's window while it is running. That may cause it to stall.

The ComboFix folder should not be renamed since ComboFix and even we would have suspicions about it. Also when you uninstall CF, the folder would not be removed since it does not look for that folder name.

#11 Iziink

Iziink

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 02:30 AM

Here is the ComboFix log. Also, everything is still running smoothly on my computer now.

#12 Kevin Zoll

Kevin Zoll

Malware Removal Support

• Emsisoft Employee
  • 12970 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 03:01 AM

... everything is still running smoothly on my computer now.

Good to hear.

Run a fresh scan with OTL and attach the new OTL log when ready.

#13 Iziink

Iziink

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 03:33 AM

OTL log :)

Oh, and by chance do you know what caused me to get these pieces of malware? I have a suspicion that it was this Flux.exe my boyfriend told me to download since it is no longer on my computer and I noticed it was mentioned in some logs.

#14 Kevin Zoll

Kevin Zoll

Malware Removal Support

• Emsisoft Employee
  • 12970 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 09:04 PM

Oh, and by chance do you know what caused me to get these pieces of malware?

Could of been a drive by infection or something you downloaded.

I have a suspicion that it was this Flux.exe my boyfriend told me to download since it is no longer on my computer and I noticed it was mentioned in some logs.

Flux itself isn't malware. However, it could have been causing performance issues, as it adjusts monitor brightness, based on the time of day. To do that it has to constantly monitor the system, meaning it runs in the background and could cause conflicts with other software/hardware.

Download Windows Repair by Tweaking.com to your desktop. Use the direct download link for the Portable version of Windows Repair by Tweaking.com

• Double-click tweaking.com_windows_repair_aio.zip and extract the Tweaking.com - Windows Repair folder to your desktop.
  • Now open this folder and double-click Repair_Windows.exe.
  • Click the Start Repairs tab on the far right.
  • Click the Start button (bottom right)
    Note: When asked if you would like to create a restore point. It is recommended just in-case something does not go as planned.
  • Click Unselect All
  • Put a checkmark in the following items:
    • Reset Registry Permissions
    • Reset File Permissions
    • Remove Policies Set By Infections
    • Set Windows Services To Default Startup
    Note: Leave everything else unchecked
  • Put a checkmark in Restart System When Finished
  • Now click the Start button (bottom right)
Run OTL.exe
  • Copy/paste the following text written inside of the code box into the Custom Scans/Fixes box located at the bottom of OTL
    :OTL
    O6 - HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Restrictions present
    O7 - HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Control Panel present
    O18:[b]64bit:[/b] - Protocol\Handler\livecall - No CLSID value found
    O18:[b]64bit:[/b] - Protocol\Handler\ms-help - No CLSID value found
    O18:[b]64bit:[/b] - Protocol\Handler\msnim - No CLSID value found
    O18:[b]64bit:[/b] - Protocol\Handler\skype4com - No CLSID value found
    O18:[b]64bit:[/b] - Protocol\Handler\wlmailhtml - No CLSID value found
    O18:[b]64bit:[/b] - Protocol\Handler\wlpg - No CLSID value found
    O20:[b]64bit:[/b] - HKLM Winlogon: VMApplet - (/pagefile) -  File not found

:Commands
    [Purity]
    [EmptyTemp]
    [EmptyFlash]
    [EmptyJava]
    [Reboot]
  • Then click the Run Fix button at the top
  • Let the program run unhindered, reboot when it is done
  • Attach the new log produced by OTL (C:\_OTL). (USE THE "MORE REPLY OPTIONS" BUTTON TO BE ABLE TO DO THIS)

#15 Iziink

Iziink

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:08 PM

Here is the OTL log.

#16 Kevin Zoll

Kevin Zoll

Malware Removal Support

• Emsisoft Employee
  • 12970 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 11:19 PM

Unless you are having problems, it is time to do the final steps.

Now to remove most of the tools that we have used in fixing your machine:
  • Download OTC to your desktop and run it
  • A list of tool components used in the cleanup of malware will be downloaded.
  • If your Firewall or Real Time protection attempts to block OTC to reach the Internet, please allow the application to do so.
  • Click Yes to begin the cleanup process and remove these components, including this application.
  • You will be asked to reboot the machine to finish the cleanup process. If you are asked to reboot the machine choose Yes.
Delete the following from your Desktop (If they exist)
CFscript.txt
TDSSKiller.exe
Anything else I had you use

Delete the following files: (If they exist)
C:\ComboFix.txt

Delete the following folders: (If they exist)
C:\ComboFix
C:\Qoobox

Empty the Recycle Bin

Download to your Desktop:
- CCleaner Portable
  • UnZip CCleaner Portable to a folder on your Desktop named CCleaner
Run CCleaner
  • Open the CCleaner Folder on your Desktop and double click CCleaner.exe (32-bit) or CCleaner64.exe (64-bit)
  • The following should be selected by default, if not, please select:
    Posted Image
  • Click Posted Image and choose Posted Image
  • Uncheck Posted Image
  • Then go back to Posted Image and click Posted Image to run it.
  • Exit CCleaner.

Turn off System restore to flush all your restore points then turn system restore back on. See How To Enable and Disable System Restore.

You can delete and uninstall any programs I had you download, that you do not wish to keep on the system.

Run Windows Update and update your Windows Operating System.

Run the Secunia Online Software Inspector, this will inspect your system for software that is out-of-date and in need of updating. Update anything program/application detected as being out-dated.

Articles to read:
How to Protect Your Computer From Malware
How to keep you and your Windows PC happy
Web, email, chat, password and kids safety
10 Sources of Malware Infections

That should take care of everything.

Safe Surfing!

#17 Iziink

Iziink

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 12:24 AM

Alright all done.

Scans show that my computer is fine. Thank you so much for the help! it was very easy to follow and I appreciate your time :)

#18 Kevin Zoll

Kevin Zoll

Malware Removal Support

• Emsisoft Employee
  • 12970 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 01:35 AM

Thread Closed

Reason:
Resolved

The procedures contained in this thread are for this user and this user only. Attempting to use the instructions in this thread on your system could result in damaging the Operating System beyond repair. Do Not use any of the tools mentioned in this thread without the supervision of a Malware Removal Specialist.

All posters requesting Malware Removal assistance are required to follow all procedures in the thread titled START HERE, if you don't we are just going to send you back to this thread.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users