Hitman Pro deactivated to RootKit. Now we have to find and remove the rest of the infection.
Download ComboFix from one of these locations:Save as Combo-Fix.exe during the download. ComboFix must be renamed before you download to your DesktopLink 1Link 2* IMPORTANT !!! Save Combo-Fix to your Desktop
- Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with our tools
See HERE for help
- Double click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts.
- As part of it's process, ComboFix will check to see if the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed. With malware infections being as they are today, it's strongly recommended to have this pre-installed on your machine before doing any malware removal. It will allow you to boot up into a special recovery/repair mode that will allow us to more easily help you should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware.
- Follow the prompts to allow ComboFix to download and install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console, and when prompted, agree to the End-User License Agreement to install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console.
**Please note: (This applies to Windows XP systems only) If the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is already installed, ComboFix will continue it's malware removal procedures.
Once the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed using ComboFix, you should see the following message:
Click on Yes
, to continue scanning for malware.
When finished, ComboFix will produce a log.Note:
1. Do not mouseclick combofix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stall!
2. Remember to re-enable your anti-virus and anti-spyware before reconnecting to the Internet.Attach logs for:
(USE THE "MORE REPLY OPTIONS" BUTTON TO BE ABLE TO DO THIS)
- ComboFix (C:\combofix.txt)
Let me know of any problems you may have encountered with the above instructions and also let me know how things are running now!
Kevin Zoll [Malware Removal Team Lead]
Emsisoft Team - www.emsisoft.com
If you are seeking Malware Removal support keep it in the forums. It is not permissible to contact support staff by Private Messege (PM), IM (Skype, MSN, AOL, Yahoo, etc.) or Email.
Purchase Emsisoft Anti-Malware and Online Armor Firewall