CLRS530

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • AV:EAM Non Beta
  • HIPS:None

Posted 20 July 2012 - 06:45 PM

Hi guys,

since a longer time I noticed some message boxes appearing a second and then disappearing Anti-Malware.
The first times I thought they are only in the background, but after it happens more often i was a bit worried cause it could be they got ignored (the concerning programs continued working always).
Now I think and hope it "only" happens if Anti-Malware false-positive reduction decides this process is ok and closes the window by itself.

Whatever it is. This may not happen! It worries people and you cant be sure the program runs the right way.
If you need I can give you more details.

I had it some minutes ago again. It happens only to new programs or activities of this program.

I run Windows 7 64 bit.

EDIT:
As a side note: I still get dialogs which doesn't disappear.

#2 CLRS530

CLRS530

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 04:20 PM

My bad. Please move this topic to bugs/problems forum.

In my opinions this is a major problem. No matter what exactly it appears to be at the end.

#3 Rob R.

Rob R.

Forum Regular

• Emsisoft Employee
  • 982 posts
  • LocationNetherlands
  • AV:Emsisoft Anti-Malware
  • HIPS:Online Armor

Posted 23 July 2012 - 04:34 PM

CLRS530,

I think those popups are caused by a slow connection between your system and Emsisoft Anti-Malware Network.
If the the community based alert reduction is enabled (enabled by default) and the information lookup takes a bit longer than usual, the popup appears. A second later or 0,3 seconds later the information from the community based alert reduction reached your machine and a rule is applied based on the settings and the popup disappears.

You may check if this is the case by deselecting both "Create a rule to..." options from the community based alert reduction.

The popup should not disappear automatically once both "Create a rule to..." options are deselected.

#4 CLRS530

CLRS530

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 05:06 PM

Hi,

you are right. That shall be it.
Im not at home at the moment, but I'll check it.

This was my opinion anyway. I still think that this may not happen.
Also I have a very good internect connection and this then is a design problem or a problem of the server.

There are coming two better solutions in my mind:
- Maybe higher the timeout waiting for the community network a bit before opening the window, but after opening the window dont process the answer anymore. This community network is no system for direct security, it is only a support system. The state at the moment is it that brings an unsecure feel.

- Additionally you can still display the data in the dialog when it is availible. As information only, or as an additional choice (Trust community network...).

- Open the window in loading status when the option community network option is enabled, so that it is clear there is no prompt for user input yet.

- Display the decision (allowed/disallowed by community network) for 2 or 3 seconds at the end could be a good decision too.

#5 Fabian Wosar

Fabian Wosar

Forum Veteran

• Emsisoft Employee
  • 3067 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 05:13 PM

The problem has already been fixed in the latest beta version. I am not sure if it was released to stable as well. Essentially EAM will hold back the alert popup indefinitely but it displays a small notification informing the user that it is currently performing verification with the Emsisoft Anti-Malware Network and allows the user to cancel the lookup and bring up the alarm window instantly.
Best regards,

Fabian Wosar [Development]
Emsisoft Team - www.emsisoft.com

#6 CLRS530

CLRS530

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 05:34 PM

Thank you for this information.

Good and interesting solution. Although it might be annoying or could create flickering but I'm going to wait for the update to proof this.

It's funny that this state was availible for a really long time and now seems to be fixed short time ago :) .
Please confirm after it find a way into the stable release.
At least it wasn't there on last friday.

#7 Fabian Wosar

Fabian Wosar

Forum Veteran

• Emsisoft Employee
  • 3067 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 05:45 PM

Good and interesting solution. Although it might be annoying or could create flickering but I'm going to wait for the update to proof this.

It is identical to the update and new notifications. If you don't mind them, you won't mind the new lookup notification either.

It's funny that this state was availible for a really long time and now seems to be fixed short time ago :) .

This change has been scheduled for a long time and was released as a beta update at the beginning of July, long before you posted here:

http://changeblog.em...tes-2012-07-02/
Best regards,

Fabian Wosar [Development]
Emsisoft Team - www.emsisoft.com

#8 CLRS530

CLRS530

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 02:21 PM

I didnt want to say it changed through my message this fast... ;)
I am not planning to switch to beta updates at the moment, yet my Windows 7 works really bad at the moment (especially while browsing), where I am not sure if it could belong to EAM.
But I doubt the Beta updates changes this to a better performance.

When do these updatescome out or could they be separated from other maybe blocking changes?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users