• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • AV:MSE
  • HIPS:Online Armor
  • Other:Superantispyware

Posted 22 July 2012 - 09:08 AM

Hi Guys,
I thought I'd reply to this thread instead of starting another one.
I've noticed in the last few days that oasrv.exe has been at 25% in task manager...especially when firefox or any other browser is started.
It slows down the browser so much that I'm getting 'page could not be displayed' errors.
I have the latest vers. of OA and firefox, so I don't know if it's ff or oa causing the problem.

Thanks,

John

#2 Jochen Schaefer

Jochen Schaefer

Forum Regular

• Emsisoft Employee
  • 106 posts
  • LocationGermersheim
  • AV:Emsisoft Anti-Malware
  • HIPS:Emsisoft Online Armor

Posted 22 July 2012 - 12:41 PM

Since attempting to assist more than one person in the same topic can cause us to inadvertently overlook someone, I have split your post into a new topic. We also ask that, in the future, you create a new topic on the forums when asking for assistance so that it is easier for us to assist you. Thank you for your understanding.
Best regards,

Jochen Schaefer [Support]
Emsisoft Team - www.emsisoft.com

#3 Gorzzz

Gorzzz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 01:00 PM

So...can anyone help me with this???

#4 GT500

GT500

Emsisoft Support

• Emsisoft Employee
  • 3160 posts
  • LocationFortville, IN, USA
  • AV:Emsisoft Anti-Malware
  • Other:Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.x Beta

Posted 26 July 2012 - 07:35 PM

We'll probably need some logs to see what the problem is. Open Online Armor, go to Options in the menu on the left, click the little check box to enable debug mode (just above the Run Safety Check Wizard, restart your computer, and then try reproducing your problem (browsing in Firefox, or whatever will cause the CPU usage to spike and your browser to not function properly). After that, please ZIP your entire logs folder (normally C:\Program Files\Online Armor\Logs), upload it to RapidShare, and then copy and paste the link to download the file into a reply (or you can send it to me in a Private Message if you don't want the link posted publicly on the forums). Note that, if you don't have a utility such as 7-Zip, WinZip, or WinRar that you can ZIP files and folders by right-clicking on them, going to Send To, and clicking on Compressed (zipped) Folder.

Also, I assume this is happening on your Windows 7 x64 computer? Do you have Service Pack 1 installed? Do you have any other security software installed?
Best regards,

Arthur Wilkinson [Support/Quality Assurance]
Emsisoft Team - www.emsisoft.com

#5 Gorzzz

Gorzzz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 01:25 PM

Hi Arthur, yes I run win7 x64 with sp1......also have mse, superantipyware and malwarebytes, but have no probs with them and oa before......I'm currently uploading the log file to r/s...will send the link as a pm to you.

Thanks,

John

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users