My name is Kevin, and I will be helping you with fixing your problem.
I would like to collect some more information before we get started with cleaning up the system.
Take note of some guidelines for this support request:
• Refrain from making any changes to your computer including installing/uninstall programs, deleting files, modifying the registry, and running scanners or tools. Doing so could cause changes to the directions I have to give you and prolong the time required. Furthermore, you should not be taking any advice relating to this computer from any other source throughout the course of this fix.
• If you do not understand any step(s) provided, please do not hesitate to ask before continuing. I would much rather clarify instructions or explain them differently than have something important broken.
• Even if things appear to be better, it might not mean we are finished. Please continue to follow my instructions and reply back until I give you the "all clean." We do not want to clean you part-way, only to have the system re-infect itself.
• Do not start a new support ticket. The logs that you send me should be attached to your reply do not paste your logs directly into the reply.
Read and follow these instructions carefully:
NOTE: You will want to print these instructions for reference, as you will perform all scans with all browsers closed.
Download to your Desktop:
• Emsisoft Emergency Kit: https://www.emsisoft.com/en/software/eek/download/
• Farbar Recovery Scan Tool: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/farbar-recovery-scan-tool/
NOTE: You need to run the version compatible with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system, download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system that will be the right version.
NOTE: If you are unable to download the tools from the infected system, the tools can be saved to a USB flash drive and then transferred to the infected system.
This is an information gathering stage. A removal procedure will be formulated once I review the contents of the logs.
All scans are to be run in Normal Mode. Do not run anything in "Safe Mode", unless you are instructed to do so by myself.
Do not force Safe Mode. Instructions on How to Boot to "Safe Mode" can be found at http://www.malwareteks.com/kb/SafeMode.php
Let's get started:
• Install and Run Emsisoft Emergency Kit (EEK):
◇ Double click EmergencyKitScanner.exe to install EEK
◇ When the installation of EEK is complete the Emergency Kit Scanner will run.
◇ Click "Yes" to Update Emsisoft Emergency Kit
◇ Under "Scan" click-on "Malware Scan".
IMPORTANT: Do not quarantine or delete anything. We just want the scan log without anything being quarantined or deleted.
◇ Save the scan log somewhere that you can find it.
◇ Exit Emsisoft Emergency Kit.
• Run Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST):
◇ Double-click to run it. When the tool opens, click “Yes” to the disclaimer.
◇ Press Scan button.
◇ Farbar Recovery Scan Tool will produce the following logs:
• Attach the following logs to your reply:
◇ Emsisoft Emergency Kit Scan log (C:\EEK\Reports\)