@Jakub K. Debug logs are not located in the program files folder but instead in: "C:\ProgramData\Emsisoft\Logs". Ideally you should disable debug logging in due course (or if you want to continue it, disable and immediately re-enable them). Then zip up the files concerned (note that their names show the 'yyyymmdd hhmmss' time when they were first created) and send them to Emsisoft. I usually put the zip in my Dropbox folder and send a private message to GT500 telling him the URL(*). You can also use the EAM GUI to email files to Emsisoft, though that doesn't always work if the files are huge:
1. Click on the little icon in the lower-left (right above the question mark) that looks like little chat bubbles.
2. Click on the button that says Send an email.
3. Select the logs on the right that show today's dates (if you try to send too many logs, then they may not receive them).
4. Fill in the e-mail contact form with your name, your e-mail address, and a description of what the logs are for (ie reference this discussion). You can also attach screenshots etc if needed.
5. Click on Send now at the bottom once you are ready to send the logs.
Make sure you don't leave debug-logging on unnecessarily - it creates huge files and could fill your disk up and slow down your machine!
* You can send such a message by hovering over his avatar and picking the "Message" option.