Jump to content

Bakken Hood

Member
  • Content Count

    4
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About Bakken Hood

  • Rank
    New Member
  1. Hey, it's good to hear from someone else with the same experience. I wouldn't call it a thread hijack. Good eye; my History only has one "l" in oawatch.dl, but after I clicked "block" (with "create rule" checked) when the prompt came up, oawatch.dll (located in the OA program folder) turned up in the Programs tab with a rule to block it automatically. Not wanting to cripple my firewall, I changed "block" to "ask" in the rule, but it hasn't raised its head again. What I really find disturbing about all this is that the OASIS database knows that OA has been blocking the file, and I'd think b
  2. The digital signature seems ok, though I'm not nearly savvy enough to know how to spot a fake one. I do remember than when I got the prompt, it didn't show a digital signature in green, like it does for googleupdate.exe and whatnot, although it did identify it as an Emsisoft product. It looked like a well-done fake at the time. It doesn't look like I'm alone in this. Via my right mouse button, Windows seems to think the signature is valid, but I don't trust anything that guy says.
  3. I can't make sense out of this one. Out of some quixtotic sense of honor, I'm moderating a bankrupt, spammer-infested web forum that hardly anyone goes to anymore. I have an unproven suspicion that this forum gave me a bug last year that forced me to reformat, so now I'm only visiting it using Chrome with plugins disabled. Still, when doing my spam check earlier today, I got a popup from OA urging me to block OAwatch.dll and identifying Chrome as the parent program or something to that effect (OA apparently doesn't log these details, so I can't check). Figuring that OA knows how to keep tr
  4. Many thanks to ProPain and everyone who gave him advice. This thread saved me a lot of trouble. But not all trouble... My gaming setup is similar to ProPain's, except I'm running Windows XP and an Xbox 360. After initially failing to connect with Xbox Live (henceforth XBL), I opened port 53 to outbound UDP traffic, as described above, and the Xbox was able to connect to the internet. Then, new problems started showing up. -The Xbox gave me an error message about an insufficient MTU (Maximum Transmission Unit). I found the Xbox support page for that error message, and one of the solution
×
×
  • Create New...