tony4sciengistics

Member
  • Content Count

    4
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About tony4sciengistics

  • Rank
    New Member

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Not Telling
  1. 4 months later and a new machine, but once again having a very similar problem. I now have a Core i7 running Windows 7, 64-bit, with OA++ 5.5.0.1557. In the last couple of weeks, I noticed web browsing becoming sluggish. At first I though it might be a network issue, but after viewing Windows Task manager during page loads, I noticed OAsrv.exe is once again seemingly working very hard during each HTTP GEt request. With the newer hardware, the CPU % utilization peeks at 13%, as opposed to 50, which I believe is a result of more cores in the CPU. Regardless, this is very noticeable and at times even prevents some pages from loading properly. This does happen in both Firefox 11.0 and IE 9, and when I close OA (and then force the service OAsrv.exe to close - another gripe), the sluggishness goes away. As I mentioned previously, while I am not exactly sure of the all the functionality provided by OAsrv.exe, since Firefox is marked as trusted and I have WebShield turned off, OA should have relatively little work to do when a page load is requested by Firefox. Is there other functionality at play here? Also, once this problem starts, it persists even after restarts. I imagine I could once gain unistall and resinstall OA, but I really do not want to have to do this every couple of months. Does anybody have any insight or suggestions?
  2. I decided to go the route of uninstalling OA, rebooting twice (I rebooted thrice for good measure) and reinstalling the latest version. Although the reinstall was not as smooth as I would have liked and despite the fact I had to manually start OA upon the initial restart after the reinstall, this seems to have resolved the problem thus far. Thanks Cat (et al.) for your help, and I really hope issues like this can be resolved in future updates.
  3. To answer Cat's question, this has not always been a problem, at least as much as my observation tells me. However, I also cannot pinpoint the exact date when the problem started occurring. Stapp, I rarely use IE, except for testing, but will run it and Firefox in safe node to see how OA behaves. Additional Info regarding my OA configuration: WebShield is turned off (well, supposedly anyway) I made an additional observation this morning. I had OA running and the Task Manager open to observe OAsrv.exe utilization when loading web pages in Firefox. Each time upon loading a page, OAsrv.exe would jump to near 50% CPU for seemingly each HTTP GET command required to load the page. After the site's server responded and sent the content, the CPU % would drop. While I am not exactly sure of the all the functionality provided by OAsrv.exe, since Firefox is marked as trusted and I have WebShield turned off, OA should have relatively little work to do when a page load is requested by Firefox. While this is not ideal, as the pages load slower than when OA is turned off, at least Firefox was functional. After this, I turned off OA and went about other things. Later, after I noticed my computer had slowed to a crawl, I reopened Task Manager to discover not only was OAsrv.exe still running after closing OA, but it was utilizing 99% CPU. Therefore, I closed OAsrv.exe via Task Manager and everything began working normally. Another point to note is immediately after forcibly closing OA, a service named searchfilterhost,.exe was running at roughly 15% CPU for several seconds before going to 0. Thanks for the continued help.
  4. I am having the same problem as pahuttun, where casual browsing (Firefox 8.0) causes OAsrv.exe to utilize 50% CPU and essentially brings page loads to a halt, and closing OA resolves the problem. I am using OA++ 5.1.1.1395, with no additional anti-virus or other security type programs on my local machine. This is additionally frustrating for me, as our company purchased OA++ on my recommendation.