Jump to content

Zen Seeker

  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About Zen Seeker

  • Rank
    New Member
  1. Currently the public beta for OA and EAM are working along with adding the 4 main processes to exclusions in MSSE. Thanks Andrey for your support. Zen
  2. Thanks Andrey for the PM and suggestion to try the beta It didn't seem to help so after the hang and reboot I booted into Linux and sent you the new logs folder in a zip file. In answer to your question regarding exclusions; Yes I have excluded the MSSE files and folders for both x86 and x64 in OA back in May, but only now added EAM & OA exclusions to MSSE. (It's never been an issue before so I never thought to apply it.) Hanging still occured, even after turning learning mode on and rebooting, once Program Guard was re-enabled. After hard rebooting to test this a few t
  3. Any feedback from the logs? You noted they had helpful information but didn't say what it was.
  4. Here you go Andrew. I had to try it a few times as I had everything disabled and OA was not set to start on login. It started to happen again on the third restart. It usually takes a few minutes before it starts happening. I usually have enough time to open task manager and/or disable OA Program Guard before things start to lock up. Applications where I hold down the shift key to run as administrator almost always cause it, such as Sysinternals Process Explorer. I get the feeling that consent.exe is involved or that it's waiting for something that I can't see or respond to. I'll add this
  5. Will do. I dual boot and happen to be in Linux right now catching up on today's stuff or I'd start right now. Just got in after being stuck behind a traffic accident for 2 hours on the HWY.
  6. I'll see if I can arrange that tonight. Everything related to OA was removed then I did a new clean install so the logs should be fresh. I'll just enable debugging again first so when it hangs we'll be good to go. As I have to do a hard reboot I'll have OA NOT start when the system reboots. Thanks for the reply, Zen
  7. Yes I have and it made no difference. I've also been using VB with OA & EAM for over a year without issue on two systems. I wasn't aware of the VB issues as it never came up and I had VB installed prior to using Emsisoft. (It wasn't until I uninstalled OA and tried to do a clean install that I became aware of the issue when OA had a popup warning regarding the bridged networking driver.) As noted above I still have no issues on the laptop.
  8. Program Guard Additional information: I've also tried adding MSSE and EAM folders, x86 included, to the exclusions tab in OA options. No change. Currently no additional rules or changes have been made after learning mode was finished but in past attempts I even tried to add all the same settings and rules that continue to work for the laptop. The result was I wasn't able to work on the desktop even after many reboots. I wasn't able to turn off "PG" as OA no longer loaded and showed up on the task bar, neither did EAM for that matter. The system was so busy or locked up that I couldn't open t
  9. Hello, I've first noted this issue with Fabian Wosar on BC in a privet message a few months ago, but we both had been busy with work, since then I haven't been able to resolve the issue. OS: Windows 7 x64 Updated to current date AV/FW: EAM & OA Current versions - EAM - OA and until auto updated AV/FW 2: MSSE & FW Current versions - Antimalware Client Version: - Engine Version: 1.1.9800.0 - Antivirus definition: 1.157.425.0 - Antispyware definition: 1.157.425.0 - Network Inspection System Engine Version: 2.1.9800.0 - Network Inspection Sy
  • Create New...