I've had an interesting past 6 days with my computer. My current situation is that it won't finish scanning my computer. It will get to between 55% and 65% before getting caught in some figurative "mud." This is on full scan. Quick scan finishes just fine.
Sequence of events to this point:
- Noticed my CPU was frequently maxing out when idling.
- Discovered that Emsisoft was failing to detect a couple Trojans that got onto my computer, evenually had to use a free AVG scan to get them noticed by Emsisoft Scans.
- Just so happened to be cloning my HHD to an SSD about the time I noticed the Trojans, so I had them on my new HD and had to clean them off of it after the cloning.
- After a few dozen scans by Emsisoft IS, the Emergency Kit, and free AVG, finally got all the malicious "Do-Hickies" out of the system (I think).
- Uninstalled AVG
- A bunch of programs started to fail to open due to a variety of 0x00000##### errors, so I had to do a wide variety of reinstalls of things like Firefox, Steam, and OneNote.
- Now that the malware is purged, Emsisoft is brusied after the battle and needs fixing. I attempted to reinstall it too, but it is incapable of uninstalling due to the uninstaller freezing.
Suggestions from here? My goal is to get Emsisoft to Scan 100% again.