Report Emsisoft blocking EyeMD? in Emsisoft Anti-Malware Home Posted February 7, 2019 Thanks for the response Arthur. Just to give a total breakdown of what I have done. As you know the last time I posted we had removed Emsisoft from the computer and the EyeMD software worked fine. After reading your post I have done the following. 1. Tested to make sure EyeMD still functioned before the reinstall of Emsisoft and it was functioning correctly and it was indeed still working. 2. Attempted to reinstall Emsisoft. It said there was remaining files from the previous install so it needed to restart the computer before it could proceed so I told it to restart the computer. 3. Re-ran the Emsisoft installer and it installed without a hitch. I licensed it once again. 4. Attempted to run EyeMD and found that it was no longer working again. 5. Opened Emsisoft and added all EyeMD executables to the Behavior Blocker (as Trusted). Then went into Scanning and Monitoring and added the folders there. I have attached screenshots of that. 6. Rebooted the computer and just for the fun of it I disabled Fast Startup. We typically try to do this in all of our environments. 7. Opened EyeMD and it was unable to open once again. 8. Uninstalled Emsisoft. After Emsisoft was uninstalled I opened EyeMD and it opened just fine. Just to reiterate this is happening on all workstations in their office. Wanted to mention that to eliminate any suspicion of a computer specific issue and these workstations are Windows 10 as well. I'm curious if the customer has a Windows 7 workstation to maybe see if there was some weird reaction with Emsisoft and Windows 10. If you think that may be a possibility I can certainly look into checking if there is a Windows 7 workstation we can test Emsisoft/EyeMD on. The one thing I find interesting is Emsisoft is also installed on their server (Server 2008 R2) and EyeMD opens just fine and runs without any rules in behavior blocker or the exclusions of the file guard (for both scanning and monitoring). I don't know if Emsisoft is just having some sort of problem with the way the software is connecting over the LAN to the server vs the EyeMD opening locally on the server and just connecting to localhost (or it's own LAN IP). The EyeMD software "opens" fine on these workstations but it's hinting at some sort of connection issue when it's getting blocked or when I say it isn't working.