KTin Illinois

Member
  • Content Count

    5
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About KTin Illinois

  • Rank
    New Member
  1. I did find the option for enabling/disabling enhanced protection mode. It was already disabled in IE11 on my system. Can you please do some more checking for further options to try? In the meantime, I will be forced to go back to the restore point from before the Emsisoft upgrade. Thanks.
  2. This advice is for Windows8. A user in the Internet Security Forum Group is having the same problem, and was given the same advice. We are both using Windows7-64. There is no option for following these instructions in WIndows7. I disabled the self protection, restarted my computer, and still have no Google tool bar, and still get the annoying script errors, even for the Emsisoft Web site. KT
  3. This advice is for Windows8. Both Peter Nauta and I are using Windows7-64. There is no option for following these instructions in WIndows7. I disabled the self protection, restarted my computer, and still have no Google tool bar, and still get the annoying script errors, even for the Emsisoft Web site. KT
  4. Same thing happened to me this morning. I confirmed that Emsisoft was responsible for this annoying event. but don't know what to do about it. I also posted to the anti-malware support group before I saw this post. If I look at those script errors, I can see that they are often for things which a given page is trying to load. It looks like ads, Google snooping etc. And, yes, my Google toolbar is gone. Katie Windows7-64, IE11
  5. I installed the new version (11.0.0.6131) this morning. After restarting as recommended, I now have problems with my browser. My toolbar no longer has the box for the Google search function, and some other utilities. I am also consistently getting script error messages with most web sites, including the Emisoft web site. "an error has occured with the script on this page" [ONE EXAMPLE: "Object doesn't support property or method 'sharebar' "] . On the Emsisoft web page I get this script error: "line1, character 9, expected identifier". And also this one having to do with Bing, which I don't even use. The Google search box and other utilities have disappeared from my toolbar. I restored the computer to a setpoint from two days ago, and the Explorer window was back to normal. When I got notification from Emsisoft to restart for the upgraded version, both of the above errors occurred again. Katie WIndows7-64; IE11