exindust

Member
  • Content Count

    6
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About exindust

  • Rank
    New Member
  1. After spending an entire week troubleshooting Eaglesoft issues I was able to determine Emsisoft was the issue by removing it from 4/15 computers. I then removed it from the rest of them. THEN, same issue with another company who uses Sage, ALSO SQL based, frequent disconnects, poor performance. Emsisoft has been removed from their systems AS WELL, and the issues have stopped. Now I'm dealing with issues where multiple clients across different offices, and different internet connections are unable to connect to Office 365 Exchange using Outlook 2013/2016. Computers will hang on "Loading Profile". Then prompt for credentials, then the correct credentials are entered and it asks over and over again for credentials.I have spent hours trying to troubleshoot this with multiple clients over the past few weeks. With some a reboot fixes the issue, then it will return the next day, or the day after. I've tried re-creating profiles, I've tried full re installs of Office, the issue comes back after a day or two. Why do I think this is an Emsisoft issue? Because this started when all of the other issues started. I don't like being a BETA tester, especially when I am supposed to be a professional for these clients. They look to me for answers and solutions. If I sold them antivirus with the stipulation that they were going to be BETA testers for their own AV I'd look like a moron. Somehow I've been able to shift blame for these issues so that I don't look like a moron but were talking about 50+ users I've had to come into contact with over this stupid update. That has costed me HOURS AND HOURS of unbillable time because I sold this product to them. I believe all of the clients that are having Outlook/Office 365 issues are running Windows 7 Pro x64 + Office 2013/2016 with EAM
  2. Whatever was done in the last major update has caused so many issues for me across so many platforms I feel like I have spent the last two weeks troubleshooting issues caused by the last update. I have almost 300 licenses of EAM and I'm starting to think about dumping all of them because of all of the numerous issues. 1.) EAM causing websites to be blocked in IE... Chrome, Firefox, and Edge were unaffected. Confirmed issues that was resolved by having users us beta updates. 2.) EAM possible causing occasional disconnected from Office 365 exchange. Not fully confirmed but multiple clients across multiple platforms in different locations have had to have their Outlook profiles re-created since Monday's (10/8) update. 3.) EAM causing Abacus (Legal Software) to not open/crash ... added to exclusions and the program opened but remains unstable. 4.) EAM causing intermittent disconnects for an entire dental office from their SQL based software (Eaglesoft), even after exclusions. Uninstalled on 4 out of 15 computers and those 4 stopped having issues, uninstalled on the rest of them and it seems to have stabilized and the disconnects have stopped. What the heck happened in the last update ... I'm not looking forward to hearing from my other 250 people on Emsisoft after every update?
  3. Logged into a 3rd completely unrelated user and confirmed msn.com and unionbank.com both cause IE to lockup, not respond, and crash. User is also Windows 7 x64
  4. All computers running Windows 7 x64 and I'm having users install chrome as a workaround for the time being but some websites don't work well in chrome based on industry so I would not consider that an acceptable workaround.
  5. Can confirm https://gt500.org/ does not lockup however msn.com does lock up on a second computer completely unrelated to the first computer (different location, different company, different person). Windows 7 Pro x64 on all computers with the IE locking or IE not displaying issues.
  6. Not sure what has changed in the past day or so but I'm getting some calls from clients who mainly use IE to browse with EAM on their system. So far EAM causes IE to crash on: www.unionbank.com www.msn.com www.wellsfargo.com I've tried adding a rule to prevent blocking of the domain, I've tried shutting down the Surf Protection, Behavior Blocker, and File Guard. The only thing that works is doing a full shut down of the EAM system then without EAM running IE works fine. Some clients need to use IE and/or prefer to use IE so I need to figure out how to fix this without dumping lots of clients off EAM. Event viewer says IE has stopped interacting with the operating system. Again... clearly EAM is the issue, I shut it down and the system behaves normally.