Many thanks for the reply. The personal id I posted is from a ransom note relating to a minor DAVDA attack about a year ago. Sadly the new ransom note has the id ending in c1. I usually let my laptop hibernate but yesterday i ran out of battery and restarted it for the first time in a while. That's when it all started playing up. I'm not familiar as to how online keys manifest but I cut the internet connection of less than a minute after my restart and a few minutes later I saw my files getting encrypted one by one. Resarted the laptop in safe mode and salvaged what I could but as my external drive was attached I have lost about 50% of my entire files.