Sign in to follow this  
trujwin

OA blocks certain Batch Files

I have a problem with systray icons not displaying properly after a restart. So I made a simple Batch file which would terminate Explorer and restart it.

This batch file would work in the Administrator but not for a guest user.. :blink::blush: eventhough the permissions alerts by OA duly has been allowed.Needless to say with OA shutdown , the batch works like a charm.  I doubleclicked the batchfile in OA>>programs and found the chjeckbox "Start apps" blank in the Guest user (ticked in the Admin).So I had ticked it in the Guest user as well. But OA would allow as far as shutdown explorer but preventing the GUI of explorer from being loaded.

@ Catprincess,

Hearing after a long time! When I run the program as Admin or the Guest , I got the same alerts and allowed them. The issue is the same works in Admin and in the Guest the "GUI" would not load eventhough the program gets started.

There is another issue of OA which I have reported , of OA blocking the whole/GUI of programs listed in the Program files/(x86) which it does not auto -trust. Unfortunately I am having to exclude quiet a number of apps from OA HIPS.

I mentioned in your other thread that you might try the beta version here http://support.emsisoft.com/topic/10004-beta-updates-%E2%80%93-2012-12-03/ and see if it offers any improvement to the problem with started programs failing to ever display their GUI.  I'm not sure if that problem is related to the problem in this thread though.  I don't think you mentioned any difference in behaviour between Admin and guest accounts with the other problem. Considering that the problem in this thread is related to a batch file you wrote yourself, it would make sense to just mark it as trusted in any case.

Hi,

Logged in as Guest, I removed the batchfile entry in OA  and ran it fresh. Surprisingly there was only one alert today which was allowed  and the operation hung after that. I closed it  made it trusted in OA and voila , ran perfectly. :thumbs: .

Would not question the wisdom of OA in this aspect as it could be a necessary security setup ,but OA could have been generous in alerting that it has blocked a  certain module , may be the user can decide what to do.

Glad it's working okay now :)

Yeah sure that is one half of the problem The devolopers can investigate  why no alerts were raised by OA and was suspending operations.

I'm not seeing any bug reports specifically on this issue. Lets get some logs.

Please open Online Armor, go to Options in the menu on the left, click the little check box to enable debug mode, restart your computer, and then try reproducing your problem with your batch files. After that, please ZIP your entire logs folder (normally C:\Program Files\Online Armor\Logs), upload it to a website such as DepositFiles/BayFiles/etc (which one you use is up to you), and then copy and paste the link to download the file into a reply (or you can send it to me in a Private Message if you don't want the link posted publicly on the forums). Note that, if you don't have a utility such as 7-Zip, WinZip, or WinRar that you can ZIP files and folders by right-clicking on them, going to Send To, and clicking on Compressed (zipped) Folder.