EAM Systray ICON missing after today's update

Steve1209

Hi All,

EAM7.0.0.14 Beta updates turned on.  I got a required reboot after an EAM update today and now my EAM Systray ICON has gone missing.  I've rebooted several times to no avail.  I went & looked at my services.msc for EAM and it's set to automatic.  What else can I look at to get the ICON back?  From the GUI, I see my updates are working just fine, just a lost systray ICON WIN 7X64

Thanks for any help,

OK,

Forget the last post, I rebooted 2 more times (on my own to see if EAM would show the systray icon) and then EAM wanted to suddenly go thru the set-up again for no reason, like it had never seen my serial before in EAM and it didn't know some of my settings, like Nightly Scan time or update interval but it still had the "Custom Scan" info, I did not delete or do anything to EAM, just rebooted as it instructed me to do after an update, maybe 5 times...Well Systray ICON is back again still version 7.0.0.14 Beta updates!  Not sure what is going on NO other software was installed or updated!

Hi GT500.

I've had 7.0.0.14 Beta updates on for a long time.  I got an EAM needs to reboot your system today, then after 3 reboots, I never got the icon, I did 2 more reboots just trying to get it to start & on the 2nd one (after 3 previous) tonight I had to put my serial in again and then it went thru the install, some options were lost and many options on custom scan were still there.

I'm assuming you installed 7.0.0.14 from the installer, because it looks like the 7.0.0.14 beta hit beta updates on the 11th.

I see your forum profile says you have Avira AntiVir free and MBAM. Is MBAM just the free scanner, or do you have the real-time protection active?

GT500,

I've been a Beta Tester since version 7 was released, had a little problem when beta moved over to regular updates BUT have had beta updates installed all along.  MBAM is PRO BUT I do not have any protection enabled, just the SCAN.  Like I said, after my 5th reboot (I never reboot 6 times in a day, last reboot was 3 weeks ago), it (EAM) went into installation mode for no reason (not the first time, I've read about this problem on the forum, BUT never before my problem), right now, it's perfectly installed BUT it took 5 reboots and a semi reinstallation to make it that way, not the first time I heard that on the forum as I mentioned!!  Thank You VERY MUCH for your VERY DEDICATED support on this forum, your effort should NEVER be overlooked by anyone, besides the end users, the management at EMSI

Your Help is Really Great,

OK the problem continues,

I'm using version 7.0.0.14, I've had beta updates checked forever, updates are set to every 30 minutes.  Today again I booted my computer, I have no EAM Systray Icon and again I see this screen http://screencast.com/t/oV2PknxymV  This is the 2nd time EAM forgets who I am 2 days running?  I have to go thru the set-up, put in my license key, my license says it's good for 152 days yet, anyone know what is going on?  Win 7X64 system, all MS updates installed.

Thanks for any help,

OK, our developers will need DebugView and Fiddler logs to figure out what is going on. The instructions for getting the logs are in this post (due to changes in the forum software, I can't just copy and paste those instructions without needing to redo the formatting by hand).

Please make sure that you send the logs to me in a Private Message rather than posting them publicly on the forums.

Hey GT500,

Thank you for the pretty good instructions on DebugView and Fiddler!

OK, took a little work but got DebugView, the debug output zip and Fiddler working.  I of course just now rebooted 6 times and every time EAM ICON showed up in the systray, if it happens again, I'm ready now though & can ship U out what the developers need!