Sign in to follow this  
tim-b

Banking Mode Problem

Hi

I have Win 7 Home Premium SP1, OA Premium 6.0.0.1736, EAM 7.0.0.12, and Rapport 1207.40. My browsers are Firefox 17.0.1 and Internet Explorer 10.0.

In banking mode the "computer can only connect to self-authorized online banking sites, while no other sites, including phishing sites, can be accessed". (quote from emsisoft.com)

In banking mode I can access www.xcweather.co.uk, but not www.google.co.uk. I can't access email servers, but I can access www.britishpapers.co.uk (without images and special fonts). No doubt there are other examples as well. I only have banking sites authorised in the domains list.

I have deleted my EAM exclusion in OA and uninstalled Rapport, and rebooted twice. It makes no difference. I can access the same sites in Firefox and IE10. Any ideas?

Merry Christmas

tim-b

That was quick!

I have neither a bookmark nor any plugins. I use a home-made home page with HTML links on.

As far as I can see there is no bookmarklet javascript in the source code (I'm not that clever).

It doesn't matter whether I type the URL in or use the hyperlink, same result.

Thanks

tim-b

Just to make clear I understood correctly: You have a link to www.google.co.uk on your home made start page, right? If you do, that could explain what has happened here. Many browsers have features to improve load times of pages users are likely to visit next. They resolve domain names of links currently displayed (in your bookmarks or your start page for example) or they may even start rendering the pages behind those links before you even visit them. The problem is, that during learning mode Online Armor can't distinguish between sites accessed due to the preloading behavior of the browser or sites accessed by the user. So chances are your browser somehow accessed those pages during learning mode those sites are actually learned as being trusted and are therefore allowed to be accessed during banking mode. Unfortunately there currently is a bug in the Domains view that causes some sites to not be displayed properly. We are currently in the process of revamping banking mode to account for those issues. Unfortunately there is no ETA yet when the new banking mode features will be available.

OK, thanks.

I'll remove the homepage and bookmarks, etc. and reinstall OA.

Drastic, but I'd like to know for future installations.

Thanks very much

tim-b

Hi Fabian

You were absolutely right. I deleted any bookmarks within the browser, same with my home-made home page.

Uninstalled OA and cleaned up the app data, caches, etc.

Reinstalled OA and everything is secure.

I have reinstalled Rapport, my homepage and excluded EAM from OA.

OA has stayed fully secure.

Thank you for the offer of the test build, but no issues here now!

Thank you and Merry Christmas

tim-b