TomFace

Is it necessary?

If you are using the paid Emsisoft Anti-Malware version, you already do use Mamutu as Mamutu is just a stripped down Emsisoft Anti-Malware version with all signature based detection removed :).

Hi Tomface,

Sorry to interfere with your original question, but it is a wise idea to run Eset SS5.2.15.1  and EAM7 at the same time???

Thanks,

Claudiu

yes you can , EAM can be used as standalone or as companion AV, i did it with CIS and ESET,  and it run well, just set the exclusions in both.

yes you can , EAM can be used as standalone or as companion AV, i did it with CIS and ESET,  and it run well, just set the exclusions in both.

So far no issues (it has been almost 3 months)-I have the exclusions set up in both. They both have features I like-so I take it a day at a time-just don't schedule scans at the same time. :blink:

You can see my previous topic http://support.emsisoft.com/topic/9840-trial-run-7/

By the way, Happy New Year to all!

May 2013 be better than 2012!

As long as both EAM and ESET are excluded on on both ends they can be ran together without any problem. You may tweak ESET scanning options or EAM for better results but from both mine and umbra's tests, EAM did catch it before ESET so it was fine.  So what I did was change threatsense in ESET while EAM was on stock settings.

hope it helps.