Sign in to follow this  
bsorrows

Sick of Online Armor loosing its license

I currently own two licenses of Internet security pack.  They were converted from 2 5user license packs from Online Armor ++.  I only have internet security pack installed on 2 computers and it seems if a computer is rebooted it looses its license.  I believe that the correct wording is OA is unable to find an appropriate license.  It then ask me to click next and when I do I can choose between 30 day trial or premium edition.  When I select premium my license key pops up and I click ok and program will update.  I don't think I should have to do this over and over again.  Why can't you issue me 5 license keys and let me manage them?

Concerned,

Bruce

PS update:

I just went to my laptop went through process of updating.  Restarted computer and it took forever to be able to do any thing on it.  Came back to my desktop where I am writing this and clicked on update in the OA tab:  same outcome:  no appropriate license.  There is definitely a problem, am glad I don't have installed on 5 computers at this time 

We'll probably need some logs to see what the problem is. Please open Online Armor, go to Options in the menu on the left, click the little check box to enable debug mode, restart your computer, and make sure that Online Armor is no longer registered properly with your license key. After that, please ZIP your entire logs folder (normally C:\Program Files\Online Armor\Logs), upload it to a website such as RapidShare/DepositFiles/BayFiles/etc (which one you use is up to you), and then copy and paste the link to download the file into a reply (or you can send it to me in a Private Message if you don't want the link posted publicly on the forums). Note that, if you don't have a utility such as 7-Zip, WinZip, or WinRar that you can ZIP files and folders by right-clicking on them, going to Send To, and clicking on Compressed (zipped) Folder.

I have forwarded your logs on to our developers. ;)

Actually, we can't download those logs. It says "Download permission denied by uploader. (0b67c2f5)"

Our developers have taken a look at the logs, and it looks like you are using the same license key on more than one computer, however this license key is only for one computer (which is what is causing the issue). If the license key you purchased was supposed to be for more than one computer, then please send me a private message with your order information (or at least with the license key) and I will look into what might be going on.

Note: Please do not post your license information in a public area of the forums. ;)

If you look at my first message, I said I have two five user Interent security packs converted from OA ++.  I would like to have separate user license codes.  In a earlier support issue conducted by email and not support forms, I was told that this user license would be valid on 5 computers.  I will send you both license codes via PM if need be, but all my order info and conversion to Internet Security Suite should be availble to you.

Cheers,

Bruce

Thank you for all your help.  I will install Linux and dual boot with windows xp and check out in the very near future and make sure ;).

Cheers,

Bruce

PS  Can you please remove my log file?

I have since installed Linux Mint 13 and I can report that when I reboot from Linux to windows it takes a very long time to boot to windows.  Emsisoft is the problem because when I uninstall it, switching between windows and linux is no problem--what is the issue between windows and linux with Interent Security???

Cheers,

Bruce

Logs have been sent previously.