pstein

Bug: OA consumes over hours 3 of 4 CPUs of my Quad-Core computer!

Once again I observed a big problem with OnlineArmor.

After having worked a while on my 64bit Win7 quad core computer I left it and let it run over weekend.

After return I oberserved slow responses and had a look into my TaskManager.

Much to my surprise OA (precisely oasrv.exe) consumes over hours 75% of my cpu power.

In other words 3 of my 4 cpu cores work only for OA.

Have a look at the attached snapshot!!

This is clearly a bug which occurs once in a while.

Moreover a right click on the SysTray icon does NOT show the context menu.

Furthermore oasrv.exe process cannot be killed in TaskManager.

So the only way was to reboot the whole computer.

Could the OA developers have a look at this problem and fix it?

Peter

Looks like GData Internet Security is running on your PC, if you definitely haven't installed it then you can download AVCleaner from here

http://www.gdatasoftware.co.uk/support/downloads/tools.html

I'd have a look in Programs and Features in Control Panel to see if it shows up there, if it does then remove it, reboot, run AVCleaner and reboot again.

If it doesn't appear in the list then run AVCleaner anyway,

In addition to the suggestion to run AVCleaner, I would be interested in seeing an OTL log just to get a look at your computer's load points (startup items, services, drivers, etc). Please run OTL by following the instructions below:

• Click this link to save OTL onto your desktop (please make sure to click 'Save' instead of 'Run').
  • Double click on the OTL icon on your desktop to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.
  • Click the Run Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan will take a few minutes.
  • When the scan completes, it will open two Notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. The first one (OTL.txt) will be automatically saved on your desktop next to OTL, and the second one will need to be saved manually.
  • Please make sure that both OTL.txt and Extras.txt are saved on your desktop, and then attach both of them to a reply so that we can take a look at them.