Tweetiepie2

Do I need to uninstall OA++ to upgrade to Emisoft Internet Security?

Hi there, I have just bought Emisoft Internet Security for 4 computers.  2 computers have previously had the free Microsoft Security Essentials firewall/anti-virus package and I am in the process of downloading the OA Internet Security package to them for installing with my new license keys.  However, the other 2 computers have been running OA++, one of which the license expires tomorrow and the other has already expired but has 5 days grace left on it. 

Do I need to uninstall OA++ from those 2 computers and start afresh by downloading the OA Internet Security to those 2 computers - or should I only download the Emisoft Anti-Malware - and then pop in the two new license keys (ie: one for the Anti-Malware and one for the Firewall) and somehow the Firewall will upgrade to the new version? :wacko:   I am a little confused as you can see.

Also, a 2nd question:  I have Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Professional 1.70.0.1100, ie: paid version on the 2 laptops that only had the Microsoft Security Essentials and wondered if Malwarebytes will clash with the Emisoft Anti-Malware?  Should I uninstall the Malwarebytes?  I am wondering if my system may slow to a crawl due to excessive CPU usage?

Thanks in advance :)

Hi Tweetiepie2,

Thank you for using our support forum.

On the computers with OA++, please just download a fresh copy of Emsisoft Anti-Malware and activate the full version with your license key during the installation process. In OA++, please navigate to "Options" -> "License", click the link called "here", choose "Premium edition" and fill in your new license key for Online Armor Premium. Please perform a manual online update to finish the process. This should bring you to the newest version of Online Armor Premium (6.0.0.1736).

Once Emsisoft Anti-Malware is installed on your system,  you don't need to use Malwarebytes Anti-Malware anymore - if you don't want to. If you decide to use both programs side by side, please exclude the processes “mbam.exe”, “mbamservice.exe” and “mbamgui.exe” in Emsisoft Anti-Malware and the processes "a2guard.exe", "a2start.exe", "a2service.exe" and "a2wizard.exe" in Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. (In Emsisoft Anti-Malware, you can find the whitelist at "Guard" -> "File Guard" -> "Manage Whitelist".) This should also help you to lower the impact on your system when both programs are running at the same time.

Thank you for using our software solutions. Should you have any further questions, please just let us know.

Thank you for your quick reply Thomas.   I followed your instructions and everything went smoothly and now all computers are running OA Internet Security.  Yay!  Really appreciate your help :D  :thumbs:

Hi Tweetiepie2,

Thank you for your feedback. You are quite welcome!

I'm happy to hear everything worked well. Should you have any further questions, please just let us know.