PRS

firefox 18 mp

Unfortunately, I am not able to confirm this:

We'll probably need some logs to see what the problem is. Please open Online Armor, go to Options in the menu on the left, click the little check box to enable debug mode, restart your computer, and then try reproducing your problem with running Firefox in RunSafer mode. After that, please ZIP your entire logs folder (normally C:\Program Files\Online Armor\Logs), upload it to a website such as RapidShare/DepositFiles/BayFiles/etc (which one you use is up to you), and then copy and paste the link to download the file into a reply (or you can send it to me in a Private Message if you don't want the link posted publicly on the forums). Note that, if you don't have a utility such as 7-Zip, WinZip, or WinRar that you can ZIP files and folders by right-clicking on them, going to Send To, and clicking on Compressed (zipped) Folder.

PRS do you have ''Use hardware acceleration when available'' enabled in ff? If so, try disabling it as a test.

PRS do you have ''Use hardware acceleration when available'' enabled in ff? If so, try disabling it as a test.

You're right.I also send the log to GT500.Thanks

May I ask where to find that option? I know very little about Firefox.

I was about to report the same problem and I chanced upon this thread and Stapp's clarification to set it right. Was that a new inclusion to FF??  I hope OA also includes this feature in their upgrades.

Menu>>Tools>>Options>>Advanced>>Browsing(sub-heading)

May I ask where to find that option? I know very little about Firefox.

I don't use Firefox either GT500.

I found that fix when trying to fix a similar issue with a neighbour's machine. If I remember right it was something like Tools->Options->Advanced->General.

(I see trujwin has kindly provided the correct 'address'')

@trujwin, that's not a new inclusion to FF, it has been there for a long time now - If I remember correctly the option is pre-checked by default.

I have confirmed the location of the setting, and that it is checked by default.

Does this happen when you run Firefox in Safe Mode?

Yes.In Firefox 18.0 , with the Hardware acceleration ON , the menu drop downs are all BLACK BOXES with nothing inside visible.

Have you confirmed that this also happens when you run Firefox in Safe Mode? Not that this is not Windows Safe Mode, but a special Safe Mode that Firefox can run it which does not allow any add-ons to load, and allows for troubleshooting issues.

I've noticed if you untick the box in programs/options "show colored border on programs set to runsafer" this problem disappears.

It's not an answer for those that like the green border.

It is true.Perhaps it is better to disable the green border and let the hardware acceleration switch on.

Peraps not.In my XP desktop with a earlier version of OA and FF 18.0 ,it works without a hitch. We can presume that OA 64 bit needs to adapt better. Green Border is a great feature.

I meant that it is better to disable the green border that disable hardware acceleration.Perhaps the problem is just colored border infact it don't works on my IE

Have you confirmed that this also happens when you run Firefox in Safe Mode? Not that this is not Windows Safe Mode, but a special Safe Mode that Firefox can run it which does not allow any add-ons to load, and allows for troubleshooting issues.

Has anyone tried it with Firefox running in "Safe Mode" yet? Like I said, I cannot duplicate this issue (see my sceenshot above). If one of you could confirm whether or not the issue happens when Firefox is running in "Safe Mode", then that will help me to determine what the next step in debugging should be. ;)

OK, I found someone who was able to reproduce this on their laptop, and running Firefox in Safe Mode was not easy (you had to do a lot of guessing as to where the menu items were when looking to restart Firefox in Safe Mode), however I was able to confirm that running Firefox in Safe Mode did resolve the issue. Upon further investigation, I found that disabling the Greasemonkey extension and restarting Firefox also resolved the issue.

I attempted to replicate this issue again by installing Greasemonkey 1.5 in Firefox 18, however I was not able to replicate it with just the Greasemonkey extension. I then installed the WOT extension, just to see if a combination of the two was the cause, and was still not able to replicate the issue. Either the issue only happens on certain computers (perhaps only with certain video hardware) or it requires a certain combination of extensions to trigger it.