johnwrites

Emsisoft emergencey kit scans

Does the deep scan not include tracking cookies? I have to go to customised for that. But how good is customised against the deep scan? Are both needed for deep and tracking cookies

Hello,

the scan for Tracking Cookies are only availabe in the Custom Scan.

The Custom Scan is highly configurable to scan only specific objects and folders. So the Custom Scan takes less time as a full Deep Scan.

For the first initial scan we suggest to use the Deep Scan. For the next scans you can specify a Custom Scan to exclude folders f.e. your music collections to save scan time. Also you can save this Custom Scan settings to a scan setting file. If you want start the Custom Scan again double-click the scan setting file. ;)

If you have any more questions or problems, just let us know.

Hello,

the scan for Tracking Cookies are only availabe in the Custom Scan.

The Custom Scan is highly configurable to scan only specific objects and folders. So the Custom Scan takes less time as a full Deep Scan.

For the first initial scan we suggest to use the Deep Scan. For the next scans you can specify a Custom Scan to exclude folders f.e. your music collections to save scan time. Also you can save this Custom Scan settings to a scan setting file. If you want start the Custom Scan again double-click the scan setting file. ;)

If you have any more questions or problems, just let us know.

Thanks But would it not be a good idea to have tracking cookies in deep scan? i did a deep scan at first and was clean and did a customised one just out of curiosity and found tracking cookies

OK i see but they give a big alert for scorecardresearch as far as i recall.I cannot recall the wording . Scorecardresearch seems to be on alot of site as i had it and was never on their site

Just one little addition:

The custom scan default settings are actually identical to the deep scan settings. So if you do a custom scan and just enable the "Scan for Tracking Cookies" but leave all other settings completely unchanged you are actually doing a deep scan combined with a tracking cookie scan. So there is no need to run a deep scan first and a custom scan later.

Just one little addition:

The custom scan default settings are actually identical to the deep scan settings. So if you do a custom scan and just enable the "Scan for Tracking Cookies" but leave all other settings completely unchanged you are actually doing a deep scan combined with a tracking cookie scan. So there is no need to run a deep scan first and a custom scan later.

OK that is fine many thanks

Edit what is direct disk access option

... what is direct disk access option

Direct Disk Access (DDA) is where our own driver is used to directly access the data on your hard drive, rather than relying Microsoft APIs within Windows that would normally be used to access the disk drive. Many security applications use their own DDA driver to facilitate detecting the presence of rootkits and other infections that are capable of hiding themselves by interfering with what Windows is able to see on your hard drive.