tomisa

Emergency kit command line scanner automatic scan after booting to windows (or usb memory stick has been put on)?

I don't think anyone has tried testing from a bootable environment since the last major version of the Emsisoft Emergency Kit was released. I know that it had issues in the past, and couldn't run from a BartPE disk, however I am not certain if that is still the case.

I don't think anyone has tried testing from a bootable environment since the last major version of the Emsisoft Emergency Kit was released. I know that it had issues in the past, and couldn't run from a BartPE disk, however I am not certain if that is still the case.

So there is no way to use some kind of script to start scan if some malware like FBI ransomware virus prevents all the actions in the OS? 

So there is no way to use some kind of script to start scan if some malware like FBI ransomware virus prevents all the actions in the OS?

Are you not able to access the system while Windows is running in Safe Mode? In that case, I'd recommend starting from a bootable disk, and looking in the user profile directories in the "Application Data", "AppData\Roaming", and "AppData\Local" subdirectories to see if there is anything that appears to have a random name. If so, try changing the name (such as adding something like .bak or _backup to the end of the name) and then restart the computer normally.

You may also be able to run our command-line scanner from a bootable disk, however please note that I have not tested this and do not know if it will work.

Are you not able to access the system while Windows is running in Safe Mode? In that case, I'd recommend starting from a bootable disk, and looking in the user profile directories in the "Application Data", "AppData\Roaming", and "AppData\Local" subdirectories to see if there is anything that appears to have a random name. If so, try changing the name (such as adding something like .bak or _backup to the end of the name) and then restart the computer normally.

You may also be able to run our command-line scanner from a bootable disk, however please note that I have not tested this and do not know if it will work.

2 days ago I was helping my friend, who had a new variant of fbi ransomware, which prevents all the user actions in the system and also activates in safe mode. I had to take the hd out and put it to my laptop with adapted and so on. Safe mode with command prompt would have worked also but it was easier to take the hd out and delete those files to prevent it to activate again. Yeah kaspersky rescue cd would have been handy... I think I will test that bartPE disk and let's see if it runs emsisoft CLS. Thanks for your answers.