trujwin

BATCH File error

Naming of batch file brings different responses from OA.

ABC.bat  , ABC-xyz.bat (close hypen without space) is alerted and recorded . But ABC -xyz.bat (space and then hypen) is allowed blanket permission without alerts and the file is not found in the Programs tab. In fact it is the same with any file like say DEF -.bat.

Can someone confirm this please??

Hi,

I have enclosed a zip file containing a simple "Hello" batch file with 2 different names as mentioned which caused the said responses in my system.

Hello,

i can not reproduce this issue on a Win XP SP3 32 Bit. See screenshots. Both *.bat scripts are alerted and recorded in the OA history. Also they are written to the programs list. I will try to reproduce the issue on a Win 7 SP1 64 Bit system.

I've been testing this on Windows 7 x64, and I get a notification when running the batch file as admin, however I do not get one when running it as the normal user. Is this the same results you have been getting?

To me the problem file does not raise an alert , nor is recorded in History.The normal file however records alert. This is in the admin and 1862 as I write.I had submitted 2 files, if you go thru the whole thread again..

I don't see any files submitted in this thread. Did you send them to Christian Peters in a private message?

C,mon GT500. There is a file called echosample,zip in my 2nd post of this thread. How on earth could you miss that,, :) , I wonder what you have been testing all along then...?

C,mon GT500. There is a file called echosample,zip in my 2nd post of this thread. How on earth could you miss that,, :) , I wonder what you have been testing all along then...?

The batch file in the attached ZIP archive is what I've been testing with:

Edit: Just make sure that Online Armor is actually running when you execute that batch file, because if it has admin rights then it will delete oasrv.exe...

You can download it and upgrade to it if you need to, however if you turn off Beta Updates then it should be installed when you run an update.