ExWoomera

EAM 7.0.0.17 on Win 8 x64 resulted in un-bootable windows

yesterday my EAM updated to ver 7.0.0.17 and then shut down. this morning my laptop was un-bootable, stuck at blue logo with circling dots. just kept on circling.

waited few hours but nothing and then force restarted couple of time but no luck.

booted into safe-mode and uninstalled EAM. booted back up normally and installed EAM again and all seems good not.

just wanted to inform the dev team about it.

-side note: download the installed from website which said 7.0.0.17 but when installed it shows the ver as 7.0.0.12! dunno why...

UPDATE: another restart and windows is again un-bootable.

i also have KIS and MBAM installed which i already know might be conflicting and overkill but it was working fine before this update.

I am running MBAM 1.70 without any issues, so I don't think it is the cause of the problem. Can you set Kaspersky to not run on startup, and let us know if you continue to have issues after that?

after the re-installation and the boot issue i decided to restore a 2 week old backup and updated everything to latest version and no issue so far. even restarted a couple of time and nothing.

when i first got the notification from 7.0.0.17 update i didnt restart right away so i think that might have some have screwed the driver update process.

anyway its all good now and i can say that KIS and EAM still work together perfectly.

thanks

I'm glad to hear that all is working now. Please let us know if you have any further issues. ;)