stapp

Support Forum link from GUI

If I am here on forum, signed in and then open EAM (7.0.0.18) and click on the support forum link on main page of GUI I am brought to the forum but I am not signed in.

If I am here on forum, signed in and then open the main Emsisoft page

http://www.emsisoft.com/en/

and click on the support forum link I am brought to the forum and I am signed in.

Why is there a difference?

This is using Win 8 IE10 desktop and I have set it up so links open in desktop IE10.

Why is there a difference?

Easy: Unless you have the "Remember me" check box enabled when you log in, the forum will only set what is called a session cookie. That means as soon as you close the browser, the cookie is gone and the forum no longer recognizes you as being you. So if you start up a new session by clicking the link in EAM, there is no cookie so you aren't logged in. If you log in, go somewhere else and come back, the forum will still recognize you unless you closed your browser in between.

I use Sandboxie so when i arrive on forum I am always signed in.

When I said I was on the forum, and then opened the link from EAM GUI, please note  the forum page was still open.

Likewise when I opened the support page from the main EAM webpage, I still had the forum page open.

The difference was that I was brought to the support forum signed in via the EAM webpage link, but not signed in from the EAM GUI support forum link

In all cases, it has nothing to do with EAM. EAM just tells Windows to open a web page. Nothing else. I suggest you contact Sandboxie and Microsoft about this particular issue.

I use Sandboxie...

That could be the answer to the question. My assumption here is that you are logged in while your browser is running in the sandbox, but EAM launches the browser outside of the sandbox, correct? If that is the case then your cookie that contained the session information would not have been saved for the browser to access when running outside of the sandbiox. ;)