iammike

Update Servers

Hi,

I am in SE Asia and the downloading of the Sig updates is quite slow (This morning 15MB and took around 20 Mins). Do you have an Update Server in my region or can I manually select an Update Server to test the speed against ?

Thanks

If I compare the servers when looking at the update.ini in the C:\Windows\Temp\a2temp directory, the fastest seem to be for me

the Server http://updates6.emsisoft.com while the updates4 seems the slowest.

Is there a way to set the updates6 as my default server ? Or is this ping based ?

Thanks

You can't select the server. The update mirror is selected by our update master server based on the load of the update mirrors, whether or not they are fully updated yet, and based on your geographical location. We currently don't have any update mirrors in Asia or Oceania which is why you are routed primarily to our European mirrors.

Is there something wrong with the update servers ?

I am unable to connect for the last 2 hours, I am also having problems connecting to www.emsisoft.com but as you can see the Support Forum works.

Pinging for example updates6.emsisoft.com works and connecting to other (Non Emsisoft) European servers works

This is a tracert

tracert www.emsisoft.com

Tracing route to www.emsisoft.com [80.237.191.14]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

9   263 ms   263 ms   263 ms  xe-2-0-0.cr-sargas.lon1.hosteurope.de [195.66.225.173]
 10   265 ms   266 ms   265 ms  xe-0-2-0.cr-merak.fra2.he-core.de [176.28.4.2]
 11   284 ms   280 ms   280 ms  xe-2-2-0.cr-pollux.cgn3.he-core.de [80.237.129.169]
 12   278 ms   353 ms   278 ms  xe-0-1-0.dr-master.r1.cgn3.he-core.de [176.28.4.14]
 13     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 14     *        *        *     Request timed out.

15  *        *        *     Request timed out.

Breathing goes on even when the update servers are down. :P

In these cases it would be handy if we could select the update servers (as they where still pingable), but I doubt these outages happen that often. ;)

Thanks for updating us Christian.

Hopefully people can begin to breathe easier now  :D  

Same here, thanks for the update

NSG whats up with you and reference to breathing ?? Not enough oxygen in your country ?? :D

In these cases it would be handy if we could select the update servers (as they where still pingable), but I doubt these outages happen that often. ;)

In this case it wouldn't make a difference. The problem wasn't that the update servers were unavailable, but that your license couldn't be verified. Even if you were able to select a different download mirror, it wouldn't have changed the fact that EAM would still be unable to verify your license.

In this case it wouldn't make a difference. The problem wasn't that the update servers were unavailable, but that your license couldn't be verified. Even if you were able to select a different download mirror, it wouldn't have changed the fact that EAM would still be unable to verify your license.

hahaha oke but then we where still be able to download updates (we have to be careful with all the viruses /malware out there)

Thanks

You would be able to download updates, but without the licensing server EAM has no idea that there actually are any updates, leave alone where to actually find them, as the license server returns the list of updates after verifying the license. The download mirrors neither have a list nor do they actually care what updates are stored in the files they host.

I've been unable to activate license for the last couple hours or so.

"Invalid server response. Please try again in a few minutes or contact the support"

(Online Armor)

Hmm, unfortunately, not for me...

I just bought Emsisoft's Anti-Malware (as a rebrand by German retailer Aldi Nord).

Having just installed the program, it now prompts me to download updates

("Updates werden heruntergeladen") and then tells me that it stopped updating

due to being unable to find my freshly bought License Key in its databank

("Der Updatevorgang wurde abgebrochen. Ihr Lizenzkey wurde in der Datenbank

nicht gefunden. Bitte besorgen Sie einen neuen.") :huh:

What to do now? :unsure:

Would I be able to continue with checking the PC ("PC jetzt untersuchen") and then

verify the License Key later. The silly thing is that within this dialogue prompted by

Emsisoft's Anti-Malware, there's no possibility to go back one (or multiple) steps...

Hi melty man,

We certainly appreciate your thoughts, but we prefer people to create their own threads because of these very simple reasons:

If you join in the midst of a topic, the chances that your post is overlooked is a lot higher because your post may be hidden by another persons reply. Especially if it turns out that your problem is different than the one the original poster has as it creates essentially multiple conversations about different problems in the same thread which can get confusing for everyone involved very quickly.

This thread for example is about a connectivity outage of our license server a few days ago due to a migration to new server hardware. Your problem seems to be completely unrelated, as your EAM can clearly connect to the licensing server. Otherwise it wouldn't return the result that the license key was invalid but display a connection error instead :).

Anyways, I am certain Christian Peters will take care of your problem as soon as possible :).