Icon with magnifying glass

When Online Armor launches at Windows startup, the OA icon in the notification area is sometimes overlayed with a magnifying glass.     What does this mean? 

I've searched the forum, looked in 'Help' and even asked Mr. Google, but none seem to have the answer.

Running OA Premium 6.0.0.1736 under Win 7 SP1 32-bit

Please allow me to apologize for the slow response.

The icon with the magnifying glass means that the part of Online Armor that creates the System Tray/Notification Area icons is synchronizing with the service in the background.

Ah!  I see why the magnifying glass usually disappears almost immediately.  But sometimes (very, very seldom) it doesn't - just stays there.  When this happens, I restart Windows.  Is this the best course of action or is there something a little less drastic?  Or can it simply be ignored?

Ah!  I see why the magnifying glass usually disappears almost immediately.  But sometimes (very, very seldom) it doesn't - just stays there.  When this happens, I restart Windows.  Is this the best course of action or is there something a little less drastic?  Or can it simply be ignored?

This happens on my computer as well from time to time. What works for me is a right-click on the OA icon in the task bar, select Learning Mode on the drop-down menu. The overlay on the icon changes to an open book. Then immediately right-click again, and again select learning mode. The OA icon returns to one with no overlay.

Much less time-consuming and annoying than a reboot! Hope this works for you as well