Packet filtering and protocol blocking

Dear reader.

Is there any way to specify a block for ip-ranges?? I used to block some country's like Chine, Afghanistan etc etc by there CIDR range. I also want to block all incoming PING but there are no settings for blocking the icmp protocol and it's options. Since ICMP does not use a specific port number I don't see a way to block incoming echo requests.

I like Online Armor because it's practically using none of my system resources and it's not constantly pushing product offers to my machine like other free firewalls do. But now that i think about it, it probably does not actively filter packets but instead it monitors applications to determine what's allowed and what's not. I think that's why it's almost using no system resources.

I think I'm asking to much from free software, I fear I'm stuck to my energy consuming iptables router.

Questions:

Can Online Armor free do a packet filter, or maybe the pay version can?

Can it block ping?

Will these features be available in future releases?

Regards,

Joz

You'll need to put Online Armor in Advanced Mode (note that this is only available in Online Armor Premium).

Online Armor has advanced controls for blocking countries, ICMP, and a few other things. See the attached screenshots (click on them to see larger versions):

Thanx for you're quick replay GT. I didn't use use the free trail option during the installation proccess. So I will check the advanced features some other time. I will test some other producs and then make my discission on what to do next. But when I pull the plugg from my linux based filter i will save some cash.