Beatrice

Can not start online Armor Service

i was having this same issue -Can not start online Armor Service - and so downloaded the file from the above link but it did not work for me. I have now uninstalled everything and restored my computer back to early this afternoon.

Before I did the restore in Safe Mode, I was getting a whole page of info but it goes by so fast I can't really read it all but the top has something about IRQL_Not_OR_Equal something driver. This was after the install of the Online Armor Files.

Before I re-installed the Online Armor Files I was able to on on-line however the connection was VERY SLOW. Now that I have uninstalled everything my computer is back to running fast. 

I don't know what to do to install this program - and I bought it for 2 computers. I'm going to reactivate Malwarebytes while I wait for some help from you. Thanks.

Hello,

after the install of the Online Armor version 6.0.0.1798 you got the same error message "Can not start online Armor Service" or a other error message?

If yes we need more informations.

To obtain a System Information file (NFO):

• Press the Windows key + R
  • In the Run dialog box, enter MSINFO32.
  • In the System Information dialog box, on the File menu, click Save.
  • In the Save As dialog box, make sure that the file type is System Information File (*.NFO).
  • Enter a name for the file. Click Save.

Right-click on the NFO file and select Send To -> Compressed (zipped) Folder

Please attach the zipped file to your next reply. You will find the file attach dialog on the button More Reply Options.

Hi, as I said, I restored my computer back to before I installed the Online Armor version 6.0.0.1798. 

When I install the Online Armor program, I can't get into Windows - I get the error about the driver as noted above - I had to do a restore to before I installed it to even be able to use my computer.

Beatrice,

can you provide the requested informations?

To obtain a System Information file (NFO):

• Press the Windows key + R
  • In the Run dialog box, enter MSINFO32.
  • In the System Information dialog box, on the File menu, click Save.
  • In the Save As dialog box, make sure that the file type is System Information File (*.NFO).
  • Enter a name for the file. Click Save.

Right-click on the NFO file and select Send To -> Compressed (zipped) Folder

Please attach the zipped file to your next reply. You will find the file attach dialog on the button More Reply Options.

OK here you go - I ended up trying to install it again yesterday with the same result, so I again restored my computer to an earlier point. Here is the zip file. Thanks.

Hello Beatrice,

there are some traces and services of McAfee on your computer. Can you please uninstall all McAfee components and then reboot your computer? The problem is probably the McAfee Firewall Core Service.

It is not recommended to try 2 firewalls simultaneously on one Windows installation.

After the uninstall of McAfee please reboot your computer. 

Then please install Online Armor again. After a reboot the same error appears again?

I did the above - I even downloaded the Online Armor file again and installed it. I am not getting the Can not start online armor service but rather the driver error problem. Here is another zip file.

cfwids    McAfee Inc. cfwids    c:\windows\system32\drivers\cfwids.sys    Kernel Driver    No    Manual   Stopped    OK    Normal    No    No
mfeapfk	McAfee Inc. mfeapfk	c:\windows\system32\drivers\mfeapfk.sys	Kernel Driver	No	Manual	Stopped	OK	Normal	No	No
mfeavfk	McAfee Inc. mfeavfk	c:\windows\system32\drivers\mfeavfk.sys	Kernel Driver	Yes	Manual	Running	OK	Normal	No	Yes
mfefirek	McAfee Inc. mfefirek	c:\windows\system32\drivers\mfefirek.sys	Kernel Driver	Yes	Manual	Running	OK	Normal	No	Yes
mfehidk	McAfee Inc. mfehidk	c:\windows\system32\drivers\mfehidk.sys	Kernel Driver	Yes	Boot	Running	OK	Normal	No	Yes
mfenlfk	McAfee NDIS Light Filter	c:\windows\system32\drivers\mfenlfk.sys	Kernel Driver	Yes	System	Running	OK	Normal	No	Yes
mferkdet	McAfee Inc. mferkdet	c:\windows\system32\drivers\mferkdet.sys	Kernel Driver	No	Manual	Stopped	OK	Normal	No	No
mfewfpk	McAfee Inc. mfewfpk	c:\windows\system32\drivers\mfewfpk.sys	Kernel Driver	Yes	Boot	Running	OK	Normal	No	Yes

There are already McAfee firewall drivers present and running. Please be sure all McAfee traces are removed before installing Online Armor.

I did this, but I can't get past the IRQ_ driver error to upload windows. I have to go into safe mode and restore.

I'm thinking I just won't use this program. I have a firewall with my wireless modem and with windows - are those enough protection?

Dear Beatrice,

we can try one thing more. But then i need the system event viewer log.

Click the "Start" menu and type "eventvwr.msc" into the Windows 7 "Search" field and press the "Return" key on your keyboard.

Highlight the event log you wish to export (System).

Select "Save Log File as..." from the "Action" menu.

Select one of the available file formats from the "Save as type" drop-down menu.

Enter a meaningful name for the file. For example, you might save the Application log as "AppLog_mmddyy.evt," where "mmddyy" represent the current date.

Click the "Save" button. Attach the file to the topic.

Ok couple of questions, Is "Save Log File as"  the same as "Save All Events" which is the only save option I have under the Action menu. Also, here are the available file formats .evtx, .xml, .txt. .csv   - which one do you want?

Thanks, Beatrice

OK thanks! Sorry for not being more knowledgeable - I appreciate your time and patience. Beatrice

I tried to upload the file as a *.evtx file and I got an error message -

System event files 03062013.evtx

You aren't permitted to upload this kind of file"

What's your second choice? :)