Jimbo

Online Armor was uninstalled. How?

I did not uninstall OA but today, it was not running.  There is no folder, no listing in All Programs, etc.

It is being installed now.  (Hopeing there are no licensing issues...)

Any suggestions on how it was uninstalled?

The install and license information went well.  There were two Autoruns that needed to be confirmed with an option to confirm.  The Allow All button would not work and Allow was greyed out.  I will flag them as allowed later.

I had shut down Webroot SecureAnywhere for the OA install but the reboot ended up having both programs execute prior to OA being completely installed.  However, OA is completed its learning mode and Webroot is running.

Hopefully, someone will have an idea of why and, more importantly, HOW it could be uninstalled!

Did you install any other security software around the time it got uninstalled?

No.

There were three rounds of windows updates with a couple of reboots.

Then, xampp (apache, MySql, etc) was unzipped into a folder.  The installer was not used.

Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable was installed.

Xampp control panel was started.  From there Apache and MySQL were started.

I then decided to see how OA was handling the starting of Apache and MySQL.  It was not there, nor was the folder, nor was it listed in the Add/Remove programs list or the All Programs.

Lets get some more information. Please run OTL by following the instructions below:

• Click this link to save OTL onto your desktop (please make sure to click 'Save' instead of 'Run').
  • Double click on the OTL icon on your desktop to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.
  • Click the Run Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan will take a few minutes.
  • When the scan completes, it will open two Notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. The first one (OTL.txt) will be automatically saved on your desktop next to OTL, and the second one will need to be saved manually.
  • Please make sure that both OTL.txt and Extras.txt are saved on your desktop, and then attach both of them to a reply so that we can take a look at them.

I'm not finding any explanation for the issue in the logs. Everything appears to be normal to me.

Does anyone else have access to your computer?

Not that computer.  Technically, my wife has access but she doesn't even install or uninstall anything on her own computer and, to my knowledge, has only used the travel laptop while we were away from the house.

Scary.

Thanks for looking.  This thread can be locked and considered closed.

Godspeed,

Jim

... This thread can be locked and considered closed.

Will do. ;)

If you have any further issues, just send me a private message, and I can reopen this thread.