TheErzengel

CPU usage with surf protection activated

It is normal to be so high the surf protection even when not running any web browser?

When the surf protection disable CPU usage is 0-1%

But to enable the CPU usage is 10-15% (without any browser or program running)

I find it somewhat curious that surf protection use more CPU than the other modules (file guard, behavior blocker)

• Upvote 1

Most likely cause is that one of your applications is constantly resolving host names. The easiest way to find out what application is causing the problem is by using SysInternals' Debug View:

http://live.sysinternals.com/Dbgview.exe

Just download and run the file. The application causing the issue will be obvious immediately because there will be dozens of entries within DebugView per second. Once you found the culprit you can create an application rule in Emsisoft Anti-Malware and set it to "Always allow". After a restart of the application the excessive processor usage should be gone as EAM no longer monitors DNS resolutions of that process.

Thanks for your help.

The problem was due to the application "Nvtray.exe" (nvidia graphics application).

Just gave permission to the application and remove it from the system startup

problem solved ^_^

Was that application constantly resolving your computer's name? Would be interesting to know what exactly it did so we may be able to add a workaround to the surf protection so it no longer is an issue.

Was that application constantly resolving your computer's name? Would be interesting to know what exactly it did so we may be able to add a workaround to the surf protection so it no longer is an issue.

I did what you mentioned and remove the system startup program automatically (nvtray.exe) it is not necessary for an application running nvidia.

I have a bad English

For me it is Yandex Browser - this is browser developed by yandex.ru, popular amoung Russia, and it is on Chromium engine so I think that you can add the same workaround as for Chrome to the surf protection. Because as for now (V8.0.0.10) there is a problem with it, there are dozens of entries within DebugView per second related to this browser.

It seems to be related to Nvidia search for updates.

It´s very aggressive.

On 3 pcs (Win 8 and Win 7) I see hundreds and hundreds of these outgoing connections from nvtray.exe.

They always kick in at boot and then at random during daily use of pcs.

Highly annoying when trying to get a view of established connections, and then nvtray.exe kicks in - total kaos <_<

Nvidia could have done this a bit more elegant.

I have never seen CPU usage as high as mentioned in opening post though, so have never had concerns about this related to EAM.

But perhaps that varies with CPU type.