Sign in to follow this  
bobat

CLOSED License Center

I'm a current paid user of EAM with a few months left on my current license.

I purchased a couple of EAM CDs on sale, each of which has a license enclosed with the CD.

Is there any advantage (other than loss) or disadvantage to registering these new licenses on the online License Center, even though I won't be using them until the previous license expires?

I'm concerned about the 10-month window (which I've never understood) that seems to be in force with licenses purchased directly from you.  Can you explain how that works?

I plan to activate one license when my current one expires, then the other one a year after that.  Is that a problem?

Thanks!

Is there any advantage (other than loss) or disadvantage to registering these new licenses on the online License Center, even though I won't be using them until the previous license expires?

The advantage would be that it would be associated with your Customer Center profile. I'm fairly certain (and I will have to verify this before I can say for certain) that the disadvantage would be that the license period would start once registered with your account.

I'm concerned about the 10-month window (which I've never understood) that seems to be in force with licenses purchased directly from you.  Can you explain how that works?

Normally, when a license key is purchased, you have 10 months to use it before it automatically expires in our system. If that happens, we can edit it to reactivate it, or we can just create a new license for you.

I plan to activate one license when my current one expires, then the other one a year after that.  Is that a problem?

The second license will most likely expire before you can use it. As I said above, this is easy for us to fix, however we can also combine both licenses into one. If you would prefer to go that route then please send me a private message with the two license keys you want merged, or if you want those licenses merged into your current license then please let me let me know what your current license key is, and let me know which ones you want merged into it.

Please remember to send the license keys in a private message, and not to post them here, as everyone will be able to see them here. ;)

... the disadvantage would be that the license period would start once registered with your account.

I was able to confirm this. When you register a license key with your Customer Center account before you have activated your software with that license key, then it sets the license's 'Start' date and time to the date and time it was registered with your Customer Center account. I highly recommend that you don't do this if you indent on waiting for several months before using the license key, as the license will expire prematurely.

I was able to confirm this. When you register a license key with your Customer Center account before you have activated your software with that license key, then it sets the license's 'Start' date and time to the date and time it was registered with your Customer Center account. I highly recommend that you don't do this if you indent on waiting for several months before using the license key, as the license will expire prematurely.

Thanks for clarifying that.  I won't register any licenses on the website, then.

Can I assume that since the licenses I just purchased were enclosed with retail CDs there is no 10-month activation window associated with them?

Thanks, Arthur

:)

Can I assume that since the licenses I just purchased were enclosed with retail CDs there is no 10-month activation window associated with them?

If you want to send me a private message with the license keys, I can check our system to verify what the activation window is.

If you want to send me a private message with the license keys, I can check our system to verify what the activation window is.

PM sent.  Thanks!