I was scanning with the free version and I noticed reading the report at the end that it said I hadn't scanned for "Riskware". I don't see a setting to scan for riskware anywhere so if you could guide me I'd be much appreciated. I use the "Emergency Kit"

I was scanning with the free version and I noticed reading the report at the end that it said I hadn't scanned for "Riskware". I don't see a setting to scan for riskware anywhere so if you could guide me I'd be much appreciated. I use the "Emergency Kit"

Hi,

You must use a custom scan and select what you want there.

Thanks my friend. Perfect. Do you know where I can find out more about the other things in this program such as Hijack Free and those other apps that come inside the Emerg kit, "Blitz Bank" You get what I mean? I can't seem to find out how to use these apps and for what reason would I need them. In your opinion, compare MBAM, SuperAntiSpyware and Emsisoft and tell me what you thik is the best among the 3.

Do you know where I can find out more about the other things in this program such as Hijack Free and those other apps that come inside the Emerg kit, "Blitz Bank" You get what I mean?

I don't think we have knowledgebase articles on those tools, but you can find some basic information on the product pages:

http://www.emsisoft.com/en/software/blitzblank/

http://www.emsisoft.com/en/software/hijackfree/

Basically HiJackFree allows you to look at startup items, services, etc. and it gives you an idea of what's safe and what's not. BlitzBlank is a powerful file deletion tool with scripting support, and should only be used if you have a file/folder to delete that can't be deleted normally.

In your opinion, compare MBAM, SuperAntiSpyware and Emsisoft and tell me what you thik is the best among the 3.

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and SUPERAntiSpyware are not full anti-virus softwares, and thus you cannot compare them to tools from Emsisoft such as the Emsisoft Emergency Kit (which includes two anti-virus engines). ;)

I don't think we have knowledgebase articles on those tools, but you can find some basic information on the product pages:

http://www.emsisoft.com/en/software/blitzblank/

http://www.emsisoft.com/en/software/hijackfree/

Basically HiJackFree allows you to look at startup items, services, etc. and it gives you an idea of what's safe and what's not. BlitzBlank is a powerful file deletion tool with scripting support, and should only be used if you have a file/folder to delete that can't be deleted normally.

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and SUPERAntiSpyware are not full anti-virus softwares, and thus you cannot compare them to tools from Emsisoft such as the Emsisoft Emergency Kit (which includes two anti-virus engines). ;)

Thanks for your thoughts my friend. Does the Hijack free need to be ran and then sent somewhere for analysis?

Thanks for your thoughts my friend. Does the Hijack free need to be ran and then sent somewhere for analysis?

While HiJackFree has the ability to save logs, it also has the ability to get an automated analysis from our 'cloud' system. Basically it obtains ratings from one of our online systems for each program/startup entry/etc that it lists, and then highlights them to show what is safe and what is not.

Here's an example screenshot (click on it to make it bigger). The things in green are known to be safe, the things in red are usually bad (although I'm not certain why it is showing LogMeInSystray.exe in red in my screenshot), and the things that are not colored are unknown.

While HiJackFree has the ability to save logs, it also has the ability to get an automated analysis from our 'cloud' system. Basically it obtains ratings from one of our online systems for each program/startup entry/etc that it lists, and then highlights them to show what is safe and what is not.

Here's an example screenshot (click on it to make it bigger). The things in green are known to be safe, the things in red are usually bad (although I'm not certain why it is showing LogMeInSystray.exe in red in my screenshot), and the things that are not colored are unknown.

attachicon.gifHiJackFree

It almost reminds me of one of the Systernals programs. They all have individual features and Hijack Free is like all in one. It's free too. One thing I should ask is what do you get with the paid version that you don't get with the free? Whatever it is I need to take a look at it one of these days. I run Bitdefender by itself now and I find that it does a pretty good job. When I need a second scanner I like running Emsisoft Emerg Kit scanner. It runs off of a flash drive real well.