cuzzzzz

Instructions for keeping Emergency Kit USB stick up to date?

Fabian... I just received my Emergency Kit USB Stick (I also have a three computer license (week and a half ago) and you responded to my post re instructions on how to get a 4th for a new computer arriving this week).  Please let me know the exact steps, site location, etc., needed to keep my USB stick up-to-date with the latest database of signatures.  Also, how often should I update (weekly, etc.)

Thank you

Bruce

All you have to do is launch the Emergency Kit Scanner from the flash drive, and run an update. All updates are saved on the flash drive.

That's what I do, have been keeping one Emsisoft Emergency Kit updated at least 2x weekly on a 4GB Flash drive. There are other files there, but not too many to keep the databases updated.

I keep it updated because I use it on my OS's where Emsisoft Anti Malware isn't installed on a weekly basis. There's no such thing as any Windows security solution 100% accurate when it comes to protection, the Emergency Kit no exception to that rule. However, it's found things that the installed AV/IS solution + other online scanners has missed. There were a couple of false positives, but the majority were true threats.

Having a Emsisoft Emergency Kit updated on a Flash drive isn't a substitute for running a AV/IS solution, it's for the times when bad code slips by one's main protection. Also, it's good practice to run the Emergency Kit on a new computer or a fresh install/reinstall, once the computer is fully updated & programs/apps installed. That way, one has assurance that they're beginning with a clean computer.

I've recommended this tool, as well as running Emsisoft Anti Malware, to most anyone that I've assisted on fourms pertaining security issues & new installs. Just grabbed 2 copies of EAM (1 year) from Newegg for $10 each.

I carry the Flash drive with the Emergency Kit most everywhere I go, there's many other tools on it to assist those in need.

Cat

Hi.. stick updated fine.  But, I need to buy a license for a fourth computer... following instructions sent to me, I have to renew all ffor a full year.  Isn't there a way to just purchase one additional license (add a fourth) without having to pay again for a whole year?  I just paid for 3 licenses less than a month ago, now I'm asked to pay another almost $90 just to get the fourth.

cuzzzzz

If you want, I can reduce the length your three current licenses, and turn that time into a fourth license. That way you don't have to pay anything extra up front, and you get all four licenses. Of course, it also means that you need to renew sooner.

If this sounds good to you, then send me a private message with your license key (or keys, if there are more than one) that you want shortened to create a fourth.

Sounds good... I have one key used for all three licenses, all already installed on three computers (bought the 3 pack less than a month ago.. also bought the uSB stick).  How do i send a private message to you?

Thank you

cuzzzzz

If you hold your mouse over my screen name, it will pop up a little box with a "Send message" button on it. ;)