Unable to Uninstall Emsisoft Anti-Malware unins000.msg error

I was unable to uninstall Emsisoft anti Malware, (doing so via instruction by support because I was unable to activate fileguard). I attempted to uninstall the program and rebooted, I got a BSOD and had to run windows repair which failed, but upon rebooting it was fine. Now Online Armor did not work, and Emsisoft Anti Malware was running just fine. I tried to uninstall EMAW and I got an error message that said something like unable to uninstall unins000.msg is missing. I can't repair it in the control panel programs option, a nd I couldn't reinstall to another directory either as it detects it on my system. Now I have a semi faulty antivirus program that windows doesn't show in the program list, and I need to uninstall/reinstall it. What can I do? 

Hi Cheesekraft,

Thank you for using our support forum.

In order to get rid of the broken installation of Emsisoft Anti-Malware, please download Emsiclean from the following link (save it on your desktop) and follow the instructions below: https://dl.emsisoft.com/Emsiclean.zip

1. When running Emsiclean, you will first be presented with a disclaimer. You will need to accept this disclaimer to continue.
2. Emsiclean will scan your computer for leftovers after the uninstall, and give you the option to remove what it finds. Please do not allow it to remove anything at this time.
3. In the lower-right corner will be a button that says "Close Emsisoft Clean". Click on that button to close the program without making any changes to your computer.
4. Emsiclean will save a log on your desktop as it closes (it may take a moment for the log file to appear).

Please attach that log to a reply for me to review and check if its safe to use the cleaner. (You can also start the cleaning process immediately on your own risk. The important thing to know is, the whole installation directory from Emsisoft Anti-Malware found on your HDD will be erased. Please just download and re-install a fresh copy of Emsisoft Anti-Malware directly from the following site: http://download12.emsisoft.com/EmsisoftAntiMalwareSetup.exe)

Should you have any further question or problems, please just let us know.
Edited by GT500
Updated link for Emsiclean. There are now two versions (32-bit and 64-bit) bundled in a ZIP archive. Run EmsiClean64, and if you see an error message then run EmsiClean32.

I am experiencing stuttering audio, lengthy boot and shutdown, and significant performance issues which started while I was attempting to update both Emsisoft and Avira products simultaneously.

I have uninstalled Avira, but when I try to uninstall Emsisoft Free  I am getting the error message 'Messages file "C:\Program Files\Emsisoft Anti-Malware\unins000.msg" is missing, Please correct the problem or obtain a new copy of the program.'

I have downloaded and run Emsiclean (without cleaning) and have the .TXT file it generated attached.  Please advise me as to how to proceed.  Thanks!

Hi Werner,

Thank you for using our support forum.

You can run Emsiclean again, select each entry (also the folder) and click the button "Remove selected objects".

Then it should be no problem to download and reinstall Emsisoft Anti-Malware directly from the following site: http://download4.emsisoft.com/EmsisoftAntiMalwareSetup.exe

If you should need further support, please just let us know.