JeremyNicoll

OA - Options - Exclusions -- some paths have no trailing "\"

I've added several program folder paths to the OA - Options - Exclusions configuration, always using the Add feature to navigate through the folders tree on my disk and pick the one I want to add.  I've noticed that some of the entries added have a trailing backslash on them and some do not.  For example on one machine the entries are:

subf=TICKED    C:\Documents & Settings\Laptop\Application Data\Dropbox\bin\
  subf=notick       C:\My Dropbox\Programs--ALL-\Kozlov Renamer V5-60\
  subf=notick       C:\Program Files\Emsisoft Anti-Malware\
  subf=TICKED    C:\Program Files\~I-folder\Intellegit
  subf=notick       C:\Program Files\~S-folder\SecCopy

Why would this happen?   Does it affect the way the exclusions feature works?

With or without the trailing \ it is still a valid path, and should have no effect on Online Armor's performance.

Well, that's reassuring, but it's still odd that some paths are added with, and some without a slash.  It doesn't seem to depend on whether the specified directory has subdirectories either (which would influence whether the navigation dialog showed the chosen directory with a "+" next to it) and might influence how it returns the chosen path value to OA.

... It doesn't seem to depend on whether the specified directory has subdirectories either (which would influence whether the navigation dialog showed the chosen directory with a "+" next to it) and might influence how it returns the chosen path value to OA.

I don't believe that that would change whether or not the path is returned with a trailing '\', however it could depend on the API's in the programming language that the UI is written in (or even the compiler used). I'll ask Andrey if he knows why it's there sometimes, and not there all of the time. ;)