leavemealone

A few basic firewall questions

** How do i set the firewall to only give me a msg for "most dangerous activities" (such as memory injections, driver loads, and a healthy list of system critical features -- auto starts, shell extensions, and internet settings)

actually most dangerous is probably a lot less than that

also, i dont want the firewall to disturb me if whenever I choose to open or install something by myself. i only download from good and ok sources.

it should only trouble me when there are "most dangerous" stuff

also, what happens if you are away, and dont block or unblock? does it automatically block the connection?

does this firewall fit my needs?

also for future reference, how do i uninstall everything including registry entries from this firewall?

Hello leavemealone,

First of all: Please have another look at our forum rules. Your thread as well as your nick name violated multiple of our rules. As a result I have changed your display name as well as the title of your thread.

To answer your questions:

** How do i set the firewall to only give me a msg for "most dangerous activities" (such as memory injections, driver loads, and a healthy list of system critical features -- auto starts, shell extensions, and internet settings)

In general the firewall only warns about things that are dangerous from a system point of view. You can deactivate a few of the alerts globally (like the start of unknown applications for example), but such global options don't exist for all possible alerts.

also, i dont want the firewall to disturb me if whenever I choose to open or install something by myself. i only download from good and ok sources.

The easiest way is to put the firewall in Learning Mode before you install trustworthy software. You can reach Learning Mode from the tray icon or by pressing L while holding down both the CTRL and ALT key.

also, what happens if you are away, and dont block or unblock? does it automatically block the connection?

If you don't answer within a certain time frame it will default to block whatever was going on. The popup will still be visible though to allow you to conveniently create a rule once you are back.

also for future reference, how do i uninstall everything including registry entries from this firewall?

The uninstaller will remove everything properly.

it's very cute they would have excessive and over-rules when they have bad practices like trying to trick you into a trial, for your reference

http://dottech.org/100803/windows-best-free-firewall-program-review/

http://www.techsupportalert.com/best-free-firewall.htm#Quick_Selection_Guide

ok i'll just leave it on learning mode forever if i uninstall comodo since firewalls only matter when you are around evil 0.0000001% chance, and google, facebook arent evil, so no need

im surprise it "remove everything properly." as almsot all apps but the very good ones dont

good answers, should just put into a concise user guide, better for everyone ^_^