Hard Drive issues, can I reactivate?

cat1092

I installed EAM on 03/31/13 and have had some hard drive issues. Need to reinstall, but want to make sure that I won't lose my license of EAM in doing so. This wasn't purchased direct from EAM, but was a plain wrapper package from Newegg, but still had to activate through Emsisoft. It's still EAM, regardless of where purchased.

There is currently 350 days left on the license. If I need to contact EAM via the link on the program, please advise.

Many Thanks for any answers provided.

Cat

Hello Cat,

please download a new setupfile Emsisoft Anti-Malware 7 from http://download12.emsisoft.com/EmsisoftAntiMalwareSetup.exe and save the EmsisoftAntiMalwareSetup.exe on your PC. To install Emsisoft Anti-Malware double-click the file EmsisoftAntiMalwareSetup.exe and follow the install wizard. Use your existing licensekey during the setup process to activate the license.

That is all and should work without problems.

If you have any more questions or problems, just let us know.

Thanks a lot Christian! Found a decent backup that was fairly new, but it was before EAM was installed. All is fine, once I seen that it was, I reinstalled EAM.

I tried a more recent backup, the OS didn't run well, may have had to do with that bad drive, or the backup itself. Windows 7 is kind of iffy at times when it comes to restoring to another drive. It's a crap shoot at best. I'd like to pin it on the backup/cloning software, but I can't. Have three paid versions of different brands, same results.

Fortunately, that's not an issue with Windows 8. However, the AV/AM protection that's inbuilt (Windows Defender) is crap. I turned it off, & am running solely with EAM & MBAM Pro on this computer (both Win 7 & 8). Have checked behind with ESET's online scanner, all is clean.

EAM is the best & AV/AM combo that I've used, & I've been around the block with this. Hopefully come renewal time, I can have the total package on all three of my main computers (EAM w/the Firewall package). Outstanding protection & easy on resources.

Cat