Emsisoft Anti-Malware 7.0 - Guard preventing windows from logging off/shutting down?

I installed the trial version of Emsisoft Anti-Malware.  When I go to shutdown my PC or log off Emsisoft Anti-Malware prevents my PC from logging off/shutting down.  

I receive this message Emsisoft Anti-Malware 7.0 - Guard preventing windows from logging off/shutting down.

When I disable ALL guards on the Emsisoft Anti-Malware software I am able to log off/shut down my PC normally.

Please advise.

Thank you!

Hello,

if you use additionally NIS 2013 on your computer did you create process exclusions for the NIS 2013 processes in Emsisoft Anti-Malware and vice versa?

If not please create this exclusions and check if the error occurs again.

How to create a process exclusion in Emsisoft Anti-Malware

• Open Emsisoft Anti-Malware from the icon on the desktop.
  • Click Guard in the menu on the left.
  • Go to the File Guard tab.
  • In the lower-left corner, just above Alerts, click on the Manage whitelist link.
  • In the box under Type click the little down arrow and change it from File to Process (you may need to click in the box for the arrow appear).
  • Click in the white box below Item to make a button with three dots (...) appear, and then click the ... button.
  • Navigate to the directory where the files you wish to exclude are located, and double-click on one of them to add it.
  • Repeat the last 3 steps as needed to add each file to the exclusions list.
  • Click the OK button at the bottom when done, and close Emsisoft Anti-Malware.

In NIS 2013 please exclude the Emsisoft Anti-Malware processes a2service.exe, a2guard.exe and the Emsisoft Anti-Malware install folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Emsisoft Anti-Malware\ from monitoring.

Thanks for responding.  No, I have not created process exclusions for the NIS 2013 processes in Emsisoft Anti-Malware and vice versa.

I followed the following steps but when I get to number 7 I have a question.

How to create a process exclusion in Emsisoft Anti-Malware

• Open Emsisoft Anti-Malware from the icon on the desktop.
  • Click Guard in the menu on the left.
  • Go to the File Guard tab.
  • In the lower-left corner, just above Alerts, click on the Manage whitelist link.
  • In the box under Type click the little down arrow and change it from File to Process (you may need to click in the box for the arrow appear).
  • Click in the white box below Item to make a button with three dots (...) appear, and then click the ... button.
  • Navigate to the directory where the files you wish to exclude are located, and double-click on one of them to add it. - Once I click the (...) and I navigate to the Norton Internet Security folder there are other folders within the Norton Internet security folder.  I do not know what which folder to select from here.

Okay, this next step I understand but when I open my NIS there are exclusion options to choose and I do not know which option to perform this step in or do I perform it in each one.

In NIS 2013 please exclude the Emsisoft Anti-Malware processes a2service.exea2guard.exe and the Emsisoft Anti-Malware install folderC:\Program Files (x86)\Emsisoft Anti-Malware\ from monitoring.

My NIS Antivirus and SONAR Exclusions option are:

1.  Items to Exclude from Sans - I can configure this option

2.  Items to Exclude from Auto-Protect, SONAR and Download Intelligence Detection - I can configure this option

3.  Signatures to Exlclude from All Detections - I can configure this option

4.  Clear file IDs excluded during scans - I can click Clear All

Please advise.

Thank you!

Hello,

please create a OTL log to see what NIS 2013 processes are running.

Download OTL from http://oldtimer.geekstogo.com/OTL.exe and save it on your desktop.

Double click on the icon to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted. When the window appears, underneath Output at the top change it to Minimal Output. Check the boxes beside LOP Check and Purity Check. Click the Run Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long. When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.txt and Extras.txt. Note: These logs can be located in the OTL folder on you C: drive if they fail to open automatically.

Please send me this files on PM (personal message).

Please add the  a2service.exea2guard.exe and the Emsisoft Anti-Malware install folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Emsisoft Anti-Malware\ to the exclusion option 1 and 2 in NIS 2013.

• Upvote 1