brad684

Firewall shows no inbound/outbound activity saying "there are no active interfaces" and corrupted update after reboot, after fresh install

Ok, Let me say i love your free firewall.  I was using comodo and hated it.  Ok heres what i have.

Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6002) Service Pack 2 (6002.vistasp2_gdr.130308-1436)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
System Model: Studio 540      
BIOS: BIOS Date: 08/11/08 16:57:20 Ver: 0.0.1
Processor: Intel® Core2 Quad  CPU   Q8200  @ 2.33GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.3GHz
Memory: 8190MB RAM
Page File: 2272MB used, 14223MB available

Antivirus : AVGfree 2013

Heres what i have done.

First, I install OA Free firewall v.6.0.0.1796

>ALWAYS AFTER REBOOT< (would work fine unti reboot) same problem no inbound or outbound activity and the words "There are no active interfaces"

So i did some research on these forums and found another customer had the same problem and they told him to download v6.0.0.1798

I also read to uninstall in safe mode and reboot twice before reinstall

so thats what i did.

I installed v6.0.0.1798 and the same thing happend so i think its not the version im using its something else

Also i noticed that as soon as i tried to update the update would corrupt.

the attached picture i took with verison 6.0.0.1796 as you can see but the same thing happend with .1798

Keep in mind the firewall is still working, as in, it still asks me to trusts programs and all that.

Ive tried to unblock my antivirus and well as making an exception in my anti virus and  reinstalling online armor 3 times.

Im looking forword to getting this resolved because like i said i love your product.  thanks brad

I see from your forum profile that you are using Windows Vista x64. Technically Online Armor doesn't support Windows Vista x64, so there is no guarantee that it will work properly on that version of Windows. I might be able to make some suggestions on how to get Online Armor to recognize your network adapter, but I can't make promises that it will actually work.

Ill take any suggestions. I wonder why it works on fresh install then stops after reboot. Keep in mind everything still works just not the graph and updating. I can live with it I'd just like to have the graph working more than anything.

I have the same problem as you, but I'm on W7 Home Premium x64 SP1

Follow my topic as well;

http://support.emsisoft.com/topic/11273-no-incommingoutgoing-connections-displayed/

Well i went to your page and when i run services.msc there is no remote desktop access.  does OA not work for windows 7 also?  GT500 what happend with those suggestions??  Michael did you end up getting it to work???

Well i went to your page and when i run services.msc there is no remote desktop access.  does OA not work for windows 7 also?  GT500 what happend with those suggestions??  Michael did you end up getting it to work???

Brad, I'm sure GT500 will get back to you when he can.  Michael's issue is not the same as yours.  There is no mention in his thread of the "no active interfaces" message that you get.  OA works fine on Windows 7.

This info might help or not, I have a Acer laptop thats running vista and it has ran OA firewall just fine since install.  And it updates also.  same anti virus and malware programs as well. 

(NeverMind 32 Bit version.....)

Ill take any suggestions. I wonder why it works on fresh install then stops after reboot. Keep in mind everything still works just not the graph and updating. I can live with it I'd just like to have the graph working more than anything.

Hold down the Windows key on your keyboard (the one with the Windows logo on it, usually between the Ctrl and Alt keys) and tap R to open the Run dialog, then type in control netconnections and click the OK button. The "Network Connection" section of the Control Panel should open. Right-click on your network connection (usually called "Local Area Connection", unless it's wireless) and select Properties. Look through the list for something called OA Helper Driver, which you can see circled in red in the following screenshot (click on it to make it bigger):

If it is not there, then click on the Install button below the list, select Service, click the Add... button, select OA Helper Driver from the list (see screenshot below), and then click on the OK button. This will install the OA Helper Driver for your network connection.

After the "Select Network Feature Type" dialog disappears, you should see the OA Helper Driver appear in the list. Check and see if Online Armor can now monitor network traffic on your PC.

You can select the OA Helper Driver in the list, and click the Uninstall button, and when it's done you can try the instructions I posted above for installing it.

If you have Online Armor Premium then you also have the option from within Online Armor to uninstall the firewall, and then reinstall it. You can access it by opening Online Armor, going to Options in the menu on the left, turning on Advanded Mode, going to the Firewall tab, and the Uninstall Firewall button will be in the lower-right corner.

You can select the OA Helper Driver in the list, and click the Uninstall button, and when it's done you can try the instructions I posted above for installing it.

If you have Online Armor Premium then you also have the option from within Online Armor to uninstall the firewall, and then reinstall it. You can access it by opening Online Armor, going to Options in the menu on the left, turning on Advanded Mode, going to the Firewall tab, and the Uninstall Firewall button will be in the lower-right corner.

Yea nothing happend.  Once again, thanks alot for trying.  But im going a different route as far as firewalls go.  If you know of any updates or anything about them making a x64 vista freindly version id appriciate another post or an email if thats possible.  Ill check back time to time to see if there are any changes

OK. Hopefully we'll be able to come out with something for Vista x64 in the future. ;)