kmarci

Can't start Online Armor, stuck at Safety Check Wizard

Hi there,

I have a problem with OA. I've installed it on my PC (Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit), the installation was successfull, but everytime I reboot my PC, the Safety Check Wizard window shows up, it completes the safety check, than prompt me to reboot the PC (see attached pic). I reboot it, but OA doesen't start, it runs the Safety Check Wizard again. I cannot reach OA's main window, becuase a window says, that "system must be rebooted after Safety Check Wizard to start Online Armor". I already tried to uninstall it, and than reinstall, but it was the same, tried to upgrade with the latest downloadable version, but it either didn't help.

I have a 3 years licence for 3 PCs, and I've already installed OA on the other two PCs (same OS) without problems. I don't know what could be the problem. Do you have any ideas?

Lets get some more information about your computer before proceeding. Please run OTL by following the instructions below:

• Click this link to save OTL onto your desktop (please make sure to click 'Save' instead of 'Run').
  • Double click on the OTL icon on your desktop to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.
  • Click the Run Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan will take a few minutes.
  • When the scan completes, it will open two Notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. The first one (OTL.txt) will be automatically saved on your desktop next to OTL, and the second one will need to be saved manually.
  • Please make sure that both OTL.txt and Extras.txt are saved on your desktop, and then attach both of them to a reply so that we can take a look at them.

For the issues with Online Armor, I recommend trying to follow the instructions at this link as best you can.

I also recommend following the steps below. This probably won't help with the Online Armor issue, but it will remove all of those toolbars and junk that are cluttering up your web browsers and causing performance issues when you're browsing the Internet:

Please download AdwCleaner and save it on your desktop.

• Close all open programs and internet browsers (you may want to print our or write down these instructions first).
  • Double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.
  • Click on Delete.
  • Confirm each time with Ok.
  • You will be prompted to restart your computer. A text file will open n Notepad after the restart (this is the log of what was removed), which you can save on your desktop.
  • Please attach that log file to a reply by clicking the More Reply Options button to the lower-right of where you type in your reply.
  • If you lose that log file for any reason, you can find it at C:\AdwCleaner[s1] on your computer.
Please download Junkware Removal Tool and save it on your desktop.
  • Shut down your anti-virus, anti-spyware, and firewall software now to avoid potential conflicts.
  • Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7, right-click it and select Run as administrator.
  • The tool will open and start scanning your system.
  • Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.
  • On completion, a log is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.
  • Please attach the JRT log file to a reply by clicking the More Reply Options button to the lower-right of where you type in your reply.

Thanks for your advice, my PC is faster now, than it was before, but unfortunatelly the problem with Online Armor still exists, I still can't use it. 

Excluding Online Armor in Emsisoft Anti-Malware didn't solve the problem.

Here are the two files.

Lets try uninstalling Online Armor, and then reinstalling it with Beta Updates enabled. Here are the instructions:

• Uninstall Online Armor.
  • Restart your computer twice.
  • Download and install Online Armor from this link.
  • After Online Armor starts, make sure to select the Premium edition like you are installing normally.
  • Click Next and then enter your license key.
  • Click Next and allow it to run through its update.
  • After the update, when it says Initialization finished!, click on the link that says Click here to adjust program options.
  • In the upper-right, click the option for Beta updates, and then click the OK button.
  • Click on the button to restart your computer.

Lets try uninstalling Online Armor, and then reinstalling it with Beta Updates enabled. Here are the instructions:

• Download and install Online Armor from this link.
  • After Online Armor starts, make sure to select the Premium edition like you are installing normally.
  • Click Next and then enter your license key.
  • Click Next and allow it to run through its update.
  • After the update, when it says Initialization finished!, click on the link that says Click here to adjust program options.
  • In the upper-right, click the option for Beta updates, and then click the OK button.
  • Click on the button to restart your computer.

I tried this, but I still get the same error. I click on Beta updates, click OK button, and restart my PC. After boot, I get the Safety Wizard Check window, and when I look into Settings the Beta Update checkbox is empty, looks like OA didn't save the previous settings.

I'm starting to get crazy abou this... :mad:

What do you see when you click on ''click here to adjust program options'' in the Safety Check Wizard window?

Are there any other users on the pc?

Does it make any difference if you untick 'enable GUI autolock' ? ( worth a try !) 

Also do you still have Qtrax installed?

Does it make any difference if you untick 'enable GUI autolock' ? ( worth a try !) 

Also do you still have Qtrax installed?

I did what you wrote, but didn't help. :(

I uninstall Qtrax, because I didn't use it.

Does it make any difference if you change the updates from automatic to manual and then reboot?

Lets try the following to get some Debug Logs:

• Follow the instructions at this link to install Online Armor with Debug Mode enabled (skip the first part, and scroll down to the part that is below the line).
  • After installing with Debug Mode enabled, and seeing the error message, ZIP the entire Logs folder (normally C:\Program Files\Online Armor\Logs) and attach it to a reply by using the More Reply Options button to the lower-right of where you type in your reply.
Note that, if you don't have a utility such as 7-Zip, WinZip, or WinRar that you can ZIP files and folders by right-clicking on them, going to Send To, and clicking on Compressed (zipped) Folder.

OK, I've sent an e-mail to our developers to let them know that you posted the logs. I'll let you know what they tell me. ;)

May I ask if you use your computer for software development? Andrey let me know that you appear to have something called "madCodeHook library" installed, which he thinks may be responsible for the issue.

Click on the Start button, go to Control Panel, click on Uninstall a program, and look for madCollection in the list. Once you find it, just double-click on it, and that should launch the uninstaller.

Lets try this:

• Look for the Online Armor folder in C:\Proram Files (x86), and delete it if it is there.
  • Reinstall Online Armor while Windows is running in Safe Mode (instructions for starting Windows in Safe Mode are at this link).

And again, didn't work for me. Installed OA in safe mode, restart my pc, and the same program again, safety check window shows up, and warn to restart the pc.

I'm starting to get sick of this. I payed for this product, I bought the licence for 3 (!) years, and I cannot use it. I cannot believe that I'm the only one, who facing this problem.

Please try to do something about this, because it starts getting ridiculous.

Do you always re-boot? What I mean is do you ever shut down your machine completely?

No hibernation or anything..... just  everything turned off completely.

Do you always re-boot? What I mean is do you ever shut down your machine completely?

No hibernation or anything..... just  everything turned off completely.

Yes, for sure. I can't understand this. I know, that you, guys trying to help me (Thanks for that  ;) ), but this is not normal. I know something about PC's, and I never had a problem like that. 

What else do you have running at start up?

Do you have any kind of cleaner running in scheduled tasks?

Is your time correct?

If you right-click on the installer and select 'run as admin' does it make any difference ? (yes I know, but it's worth trying anything when troubleshooting :))

If it were my machine I would untick everything running at start up except OA and EAM.

Reboot, and then see what happened.