jcg38

Online Armor Icon in system tray - no response to mouse click

Online Armor puts an icon (a green square) in the system tray. On Mouse over, it announces itself as "firewall status". On the first couple of times I click on the icon, it presents  a display of the speeds of incoming and outgoing data. I have DSL service from Localnet, which gives me 125 Kbytes/sec. But now, after having been online for about 10-15 minutes, nothing happens when I click (right or left) on the icon, and the right-hand side of the icon shows a vertical bar which (I'm guessing) indicates some high level of incoming data.

What's going on?

Are you able to open Online Armor when this happens?

No. That's the problem; after examining  the online Armor display a couple of times, it appears to stop working,

OK, lets get an OTL log and see if there might be something that Online Armor is conflicting with. Please run OTL by following the instructions below:

• Click this link to save OTL onto your desktop (please make sure to click 'Save' instead of 'Run').
  • Double click on the OTL icon on your desktop to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.
  • Click the Run Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan will take a few minutes.
  • When the scan completes, it will open two Notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. The first one (OTL.txt) will be automatically saved on your desktop next to OTL, and the second one will need to be saved manually.
  • Please make sure that both OTL.txt and Extras.txt are saved on your desktop, and then attach both of them to a reply so that we can take a look at them.